Chapter 35: Tainted

I pulled in front of the studio with a pang of frustration hitting me in face when I noticed Michael's car in the parking lot. It was 6:30 in the morning and I was hoping that if I beat them there I could at least have some time to myself. Well, that plan was totally ruined. I pulled next to it and cut the engine off. I leaned over and rested my forehead on the stirring wheel. I wasn't prepared for any of this. I wasn't prepared for any of this. I honestly don't think I would've ever been prepared for it, not even if it was ten years from now.

 I honestly don't think I would've ever been prepared for it, not even if it was ten years from now

I sat there for five minutes trying to get the strength to go in there. I thought about turning around and heading back to the hotel that the girls and I had just gotten but anytime I gained up enough courage to do so, something stopped me from making that choice. I groaned pulling my car keys out the ignition and throwing them into my purse. I grabbed it and pushed the car door open, slamming it behind me.

The morning sun was only half way up in the sky and I could already feel the temperature rising as I entered the building. The place was quiet, but I as I neared to our room I could hear music blasting from the inside. It was what sound like a hard rock song with a strong electric guitar sound as it's beat. It was a catchy tone in my opinion. Mindlessly I pushed the door open finding him sitting in a chair with his back turned bobbing his head to the beat. He hadn't changed much at all. He was a lot smaller than I remembered, but that was probably because of his vegetarian diet. I remembered him telling me that it was a great way to stay energized especially while he's dancing. His hair had grown and it was in tight curls. Something that was in style during that time. I had to admit, it did look pretty good on him.

I stepped in, allowing the door to close with a loud click, making my presence known. He turned wide eyed and startled. I wasn't sure if it was because I might have scared him or if it was because I was standing there. I gave him a sheepish smile. "Hey,"

"Hey, Liyah." He said slowly as he stood up. I could tell by the look on his face that he was wondering why I was there. "What are you doing here?" he asked as politely as he possible could.

"Well,  I came here hoping I could have some time alone, but it looks like you had the same idea."

He glanced back at the control board. "Yeah, I guess so."

I turned towards the door. "I could leave if--"

"No!" I felt his hand on my shoulder. His touch caused to goose bumps to rise and my neck hairs to stand up. "I'd really like it if you stayed. "

I turned to him, slowly. "Okay, I guess I'll stay."

He smiled." I'm sorry if I seem so...you know...." He began waving his hand searching for the right word.

"It's cool," I walked over to the couch and placed my bag down. " Are you working on a new sound or something?" The music had stopped  and the room had fell in silence.

"What you mean?"

"That sounds a little too Rock N' Roll for you."