Chapter 52: Seventy Times Seven

Police officers didn't press charges on De with only a of couple exceptions: She never showed her face around that club again, and if she agreed to go seek treatment for alcohol abuse. So a little after about two days in jail, despite the media questioning her crazy ways, she was at our next video shoot for Me & U as if nothing happened. She didn't say anything to me. She just stayed around Wayne and only spoke to Nikki and maybe Jojo. We finished our shoot within about four to five hours and then added another three for a photoshoot and then she was off. Left with Wayne without a word. I tried not to think much about her odd behavior. I didn't want to worry too much about it. The problem was I was worried about her. No matter how much I tried to deny it. I was worried and I was hurt.

I tried my hardest not to think about her drastic change, but I found myself thinking about it all the time. The arrest was only part of what was bothering me. It was our relationship that was stuck in my head. I was trying to figure out exactly where the problem had began. Where was the root? When I thought about it, I realized that she was the De I knew all too well when I left for rehab, but when I came back that was when the change had was known. I just didn't realize it until now. Something had happened within that six months period I was gone. I just didn't know what. I had asked Leena if she knew, but she was just as clueless as I was. I thought about asking Jojo, but JoJo never payed much attention. She focused on work and only on work. She kept quiet and stayed in her place, and Nikki is just oblivious to everything. We all were clueless. The only person who probably would've known was Wayne, but I felt as though that Wayne was apart of the problem.

The only time I wasn't able to think about everything was when I was with Michael--when he didn't bring it up. We saw each other just about twice a week. Sometimes more of we were lucky. By end of November his album was finally out and within two weeks it was flying off the shelves. It was amazing. I hadn't listened to the album yet but based on the songs that I had heard I knew that it had to have been amazing.

As far as our album, Givin' Me A Rush, was concerned it would be released just in time for Christmas, which meant whatever party De was planning to throw would be a Christmas party. I thought about going but I was too afraid to. Where there were parties there would be alcohol. Where there's alcohol there would be Drama. I didn't want to be around drama and it was becoming almost impossible for me to prevent myself from being around it. It was like I was a magnet to it. If I wasn't in it I was around it.

I got a chance to be pulled away from drama when Michael decided to take me back to Havenhurst for the first time in four years to see his mother

I got a chance to be pulled away from drama when Michael decided to take me back to Havenhurst for the first time in four years to see his mother. Strangely, I wasn't nervous at all. I thought that maybe they wouldn't have liked me anymore, considering that fact that I was the one who broke their son's and brother's heart, but according to Michael they had been dying to see me ever since we had gotten back together that July. I always felt as though they were the family that I never had. Even Joseph. Even though he was a pain in Michael's ass most of the time, in many ways he was like the father I had never had. I always felt that one of the many things missing from my life was a father. I often wondered who he was. What was his name. What did he look like? Apparently, I looked like him because I didn't look like anyone else on my mother's side of the family-- aside from my eye colors and my dimples. No one on my mothers side had the tall slender body that I had. Everyone was average sized and curvy. No one had dark brownish black hair like me. Theirs were an average brown, maybe a little lighter. The only one whose skin tone was like mine was Sasha's. She was the exception, but that was only because she didn't have the same father as Danielle and Liana.