Chapter 62:Too Little Too Late

Leena's POV

I swear the earth must have frozen in place. Like it had stopped spinning on its axis and I was left there to feel every ounce of pain that was going through my body at that moment. Every bit of emotion I had inside overwhelmed me and I didn't know what to do but to stand looking like a beaten up fool. I could feel everyone's eyes on the back of my neck, drilling into me waiting anxiously to see what will happen next. I didn't know what would happen next. I didn't know what to say or do next. I stood up straight and tried to balance all my weight on the heel I had.

He took a step closer to me, reaching out with his hand slightly shaking. " Aleena?"

"Daddy, why is she calling you daddy?" Vanessa asked.

Melvin only looked at her, giving her an unreadable expression that she must've only understood; she simply took two steps back, but her face still creased with utter confusion. He turned back to me and walked up to me, pulling me into his arms. I didn't know how to react. Was I suppose to push him away? Was I suppose to allow him to hug me. I was confused. I knew I loved him, but the reason why was unclear to me. I spent my life trying to figure it out. How could I possibly love someone who abused me both sexually and physically? I watched this man kill people right before my very eyes. I watched him drive my mothers life straight into hell. So why did I love him? What was wrong with me?

The scent of his cologne made me dizzy, and his arms made me want to cringe. I stood there with my body tense, and questions still forming in my mind. Why was he here, and did Vanessa just call him Daddy? He stepped away and smiled down at me. " Look at you, your all grown up."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He looked at Vanessa who was staring at me as if I was the most disgusting thing that had ever walked the face of this earth. "Vanessa is my daughter."

I looked at her then back at him, crossing my arms across my chest. " So you mean to tell me that this spoiled little brat is your daughter?"

"Aleena...." He sighed. " Can we talk in private please."

I glanced around at all the confused faces, whispers was falling from each and every one of them. I reached down and pulled off both my heels and glanced up at him. " Fine. "

We walked outside in silence, the air seemed a bit thin and hard to grasp as I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself. I found myself leaning against my car with him right in front of me, his hands shoved into his pockets. The wind was blowing causing my hair to fly into my face, I push the strands of hair away before I spoke. "You know, if I was in my right mind I wouldn't be out here with you alone." I said, pursing my lips.

He began to chew his tongue as he nodded his head slowly. " I guess I deserve that."

"You're damn right you do!" I said. " What the hell are you doing having another daughter?! What hell were you doing back then?"

"Aleena," He said, almost harshly that it scared me. " look I'm sorry for everything that I did to you and your mother. I was a sick and....and disgusting person --"

"Who should be in jail?" I finished for him, raising my eyebrow.

He dropped his head. " I know I did you wrong...but I've been trying to forget about--"

"You should be in jail."

He looked up at me. " Aleena..."

"You..should be in jail!" I nearly shouted at him causing him jump as fear jolted through his body. "You're a fucking rapist what the hell are doing here acting as if nothing ever happened. As if you never used to--"