Chapter 19: Careless Feelings

Leena's POV

"What is up with that girl?" I whispered to Jojo.

She looked up her guitar with a puzzled look on her face. " What?"

"Aj, look at her." She followed my glance towards my sister who was writing in her journal as she sat at the piano. She was humming loudly. The same tune over and over again. I guess she was over there writing a new song or something. That wasn't what bothered me though. She had been smiling like crazy and bouncing around,dancing when there wasn't any music in the room at all.

Jojo shrugged her shoulders. " She probably got laid the other night." she said, deadpan.

I snickered, even though I knew she was joking. " If she got laid then this world going to end right now....as we speak."

"I don't know, Leena. She does have a boyfriend now."

"Yeah, "Nikki said as she turned to us. " The girl has it bad."

We looked back at Aj. She was now playing the piano. Playing a smooth song that had her bobbing her head up and down as she hummed the lyrics. This is how she wrote her songs. "She has what bad?"

She shot a look of disbelief at me. "She's in love, Leena. Can't you tell? It's so obvious!"

"How can you tell?" I whispered back.

She sucked her teeth. " Look at her, Leena. She's smiling all the time, singing all the time. Half the time she doesn't even know what the hell is going in because she's either thinking about him or day dreaming about him. And gave you noticed the change in her vocal cords when we recorded Servant, Don't Let Go, and Come To Me? No one can sing that way if they haven't been through what that song is talking about."

"She's changing," Jojo added. " She's becoming....happy."

I raised my eyebrow slightly as I stared at her. The piano had stopped and she was writing in her notebook again. Aj. In love? I just couldn't see it. I found it hard, impossible to see. She'd never allow herself to even think of falling for somebody. I studied my sisters heart shaped face. There was something different about her.....she was glowing. " Oh God..."

That's when she looked up at me and stared at me confusingly. "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing," I mumbled.

Her eyes went away from me and towards Jojo and Nikki. " Why do I have a feeling you guys are talking about me?"

"Because they are." Jojo said, monotone.

I hit her in her shoulder and she popped me in the back of the head.

Aj just shook her head and began writing again. Nikki stood up from her seat and walked over to her." What are you writing."

" What does it look like I'm writing?" She asked with a smile.

"Can we hear it?"

"It's not exactly finished." She said as she placed here book back on her stand.

" Just give us the first verse and the chorus, I know you have that much at least. "

She smiled up at her, her hazel eyes glistening in the sunlight. " Okay...I don't really think its all that good, but what the hell?" She shrugged her shoulders as she began to play the piano.

Age ain't nothing but a number.

Throwing down ain't nothing but a thing.