Chapter 87:Burning Desire

Michael POV

"Liyah?" I called from the kitchen. I placed the ice cream carton back into the freezer and walked into the living room where she was sitting. She had blankets hugging her small frame, and her eyes glued to the television. " Here you go." I handed her a bowl of Cookies N' Cream ice cream that she had asked me to fix.

Her green eyes went from the TV to the bowl in her hands. " Where's my spoon?" She asked, her face slightly creasing with frustration.

I smiled at her, pulling it from behind my back.

She rolled her eyes. " Thank you."

"I'm about to go." I told her, grabbing my hat off the table.

"Have fun!" She said in a sing song voice. Her eyes still glued to the television. I could tell she was in one of her moods where she didn't want to be bothered. It was one of those pregnancy things, I think. She woke up in a grumpy mood and since then she had always been that way. I wanted to blame it on what happened the night before, but I knew that had little to do it. We didn't talk about the situation and I was too afraid to bring it up. It would only upset her even more.

Staring at her, I realized she wasn't going to show me any attention. I picked up the remote and turned of off the TV.

"Hey! What'chu doin'?" She nearly shouted. "I'm watching Scooby Doo! You just don't turn off the TV when I'm watching Scooby Doo! What's wrong with you!" She stared at me, giving me when of my favorite facial expressions. Her eyebrows frowning and creasing with frustration and her mouth partly opened.

"I said I was about to leave."

"And I said have fun."

"I can't get a kiss? A hug? Somethin'."

She slowly turned her head to me. I could see all the sass building up in her eyes. " You just turned off my show..." She said, slowly. " And you expect me to give you a kiss?"

"Yes, now c'mere.." I chuckled. She looked at me stubbornly as she put a big spoon full of ice cream into her mouth. " Please Li, I have to go."

Her eyes peered up at me, and I began to give her puppy dog eyes causing her eyebrow to only rise above the other. "I hope you know that doesn't work."

Rolling my eyes I gave up. " I'll be back by midnight probably." I said, as I kissed the top of her forehead. " So don't wait up for me. I'll call you if I'm gonna be home later than that." She always hated it when I came home late, and would often fuss at me when I did. When I asked her why she would always just look at me with worry in her eyes, and then make me promise to remember to call her whenever I was going to be late again. Never questioned it though. Question would only cause an argument, and I tried to avoid those as much as possible. Even though he hadn't really had an argument since the December of that year before.

She pressed her lips together after only staring at me for a brief moment. "Okay," she whispered, lifting herself just a little so that our lips met. I breathed in the scent of her soft perfume, pushing her closer to me so that it could deepen. "Be careful. Okay?"

I nodded and pressed my lips against hers once more. " I'll see you later."

" Mmhmm, now give me the remote back."

Rolling my eyes, I threw it in her lap. Then kissed her forehead before Turing around and walking towards the door. " I love you!" I called back.

" I love you more!" She said back.

" I love you most!"

" Michael, get your ass outta here!" She yelled back, causing to laugh as I closed the door behind me stepping into the sun lightened day.