Chapter 8: Faceless Enemy

A/N: This starts off pretty slow,but it will become better towards the end.

PeaceandLove,

Kay

______________________________________

"Don't bury me, faceless enemy. I'm so sorry. Is this the way its gotta be?"
______________________________________

I stared mindlessly out the window towards the hazy sun that hid behind the soft flakes of the gray clouds that filled the dull sky that Sunday

I stared mindlessly out the window towards the hazy sun that hid behind the soft flakes of the gray clouds that filled the dull sky that Sunday. My head rested upon my fist and my other hand rested upon the piano as my fingers played the keys freely; not playing a tune, not playing anything but going over 'A' flat over and over again. The noise had faded onto the back ground so all I felt was my the tips of my fingers hitting the smooth white rectangles.

My intentions were to work on something new for the girls to sing. It was something Jojo had requested for me to do, but when I sat there my mind began wondering off towards what had happened nearly two weeks ago. As it had done every night since: Me going off on DJ, De being in the hospital in critical condition, but mainly my ride home with Michael. I had told him many things that I wouldn't dared to have told anyone else. I was so pissed off that night that I thought I would lose it again, start screaming and kicking like a child. Yelling at him to turn that damn car around and take me back to the hospital so I could rip DJ's freaking throat out. I knew if I did, I would have gotten arrested and that was the last thing that I needed.

With knowing what would happen if I had done that, I needed to keep my mind off the whole situation. I tried subsiding the thoughts by thinking about random things like the group and work the next week, but some how my mind kept finding its way back to the whole thing. When he started talking to me it was as if my brain could have breathing room. His soft mellifluous voice took away the demons that were in my head. I didn't realize how much I was telling him until he had already known too much in my opinion. I felt panicked for a quick moment; I didn't trust him with such private information. That feeling also subsided. There was something about him that made me feel as though I could trust him and that was rare. Trusting someone I hardly even know was far from my agenda.

The thing was...even though I hardly knew him, I felt I had known him my whole life.

I watched as the clouds moved so slowly from in front of sun. Its bright light shined upon my face. I closed my eyes and drew in some deep breaths. I took my hand off the piano began rubbing my face. There was a brush of air that hit my hands and a soft thud!

"You got another one." Liana's bell toned voice came from the side of me.

I opened my eyes to see an envelope laying in front of me. I sighed and straightened my torso. I placed my hand on it and slid it towards myself before taking it and looking at the billing address. I was thinking that maybe it was letters from colleges or something like that but instead it said: