Chapter 61: Black Mailing Demon

The previous Chapter 60 I wrote was deleted some how so I'm starting over. I didn't really like it anyway so it will be completely different from what I had originally planned. Enjoy!

Peace and Love,

Kay

_____________________________

Leena's POV

I spent my whole child hood being overshadowed by Liyah's light. She was always so perfect. Perfect hair, perfect face, perfect voice, perfect grades. And even though she didn't see what others saw in her, I was still that one Haughton sister that everyone just looked over. I was just "Aj's oldest sister".

Liyah was like a magnet. Attracting people to her with a just one agonizing glance in changing color eyes. As much as I hated to admit to myself, I was jealous of her. I mean who wouldn't be jealous of their multi talented little sister who could play a piano just like any past great genius' that came before her? I had to go all out my way just to get attention. She hated attention, but still got it--it came naturally to her. Over the years, and the more mature I've gotten,I just began to get over it. Jealousy was the least of my worries now, and even though Liyah was becoming the ultimate star of Promise, being the everyone's favorite Promise Sister. Anyone would resent her by now and a couple of years ago I thought i would. But instead, I was more happy for her than anything. Happy that she was finally finding herself after so many years.

I was walking up Sasha and Liana's drive way..My heels clicking against the dry concrete as these things ran swiftly through my mind. When I was informed that my mother had another child I didn't know what to think. Now I was just scared. I was afraid that she would end up being just like Liyah. My mother's children were all known for being fucked up in the head. I was the whore, Liyah was the temperamental one, and couldn't help but wonder what her title would be. What would she be like? She awaited inside those thick brick wall and I was in no rush to go in. The anxiety of it was kicking my ass. I didn't even wanna think about the fact that she had a criminal record.

what if she's like the both of us? I wondered as I went through my purse searching for my gum. Sasha told me she looked like a spitting image of momma. I wondered how much she really looked like her. Only I could be the judge of that, and I wasn't gonna take her word for it either. I wanted to see for myself. With my own two eyes. How much did she really look like her? Lord forbids if she look too much like her. Liyah probably would hate her too.

An aroma of apples and cinnamon hit me as I walked through the door. Filling my nostrils with a satisfying sent that left me on a slight high. I walked through the foyer looking at some of all the pictures that existed there. Giving me a friendly, but yet, creepy gratitude. Normally, I ignored them, but this time I was in no rush to get away from them. " Sasha?!" I called as I walked into the dinning room where she and Liana was sitting.

"It's about time you showed up here." She said.

"Sorry, I got caught in traffic. " I lied.

"Where's Aaliyah, I wanted you both here."