Chapter 90: Silence

Nikki's POV

Nothing good could ever come from silence. That was something that Liyah always said. From the time that she was eleven that was a saying that often came from her mouth. I never really understood what she meant by that. I liked the silence. Being in a room with a lot of commotion is what irritated me.

But now, I do.

What she meant was that if there is silence between two people who have a situation, that's when things get bad. That's when anger stirs, and people stop talking to each other. That's when things that need to be said gets locked up and never come out. That's when friendships are lost and relationships are over.

So she was right, nothing good could ever come from silence.

Silence was exactly what existed between me and De while we sat silently in the living room of her house. She was doing what she usually did. Snorting, and the more I watched the more angrier I was becoming. She was throwing away every thing that we had worked for and I was beginning to regret ever standing up for her ass.

I was told that could be a people pleaser at times. I drive myself crazy trying to please those who don't really care about anyone, but themselves. I never really knew why I did it. None of the other girls did. Jojo just didn't try to get too close to people, because she was afraid of them leaving her. Leena didn't really care. If she saw people were doing wrong her philosophy for that was that they just had to get what they deserved. Liyah always said that you shouldn't worry about anyone but yourself. Always think highly of yourself because no one else will. Basically, never depend on others to give your happiness.

I could never go by any of those philosophies. I just had to make everyone happy. The way I looked at it was that if the people I loved wasn't happy. I wasn't happy.

It was time for that to change.

I was completely fed up with De. I stood up from the chair and walked over to her, snatching the mirror from right under her nose. Without a word I walked over to the waste basket and dumped it all into the trash. " Where's the rest of it?" I asked, as I threw the mirror on the table and began searching her purse.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Her eyes were blood shot and blazing with anger.

"You!" I said, holding up a small bag of the stuff. "I am sick and tired of being nice to you, Denise. You just got arrested and now you're back to doing the same thing all over again. You're making us all look bad!"

"Nikki," she closed her eyes and began taking deep breaths. " Give me my stuff back."

"No," I turned the opposite direction and began walking towards the bathroom. " This is what your damn problem is. I'm flushing this!"

"No!" I could hear her running behind me. "That's all I have."

"Well too bad!" I reached to open the bathroom door, but she had grabbed my hair, pulling me back.

I fell to the floor with her climbing on top of me, searching my hands and my pockets in the progress. "Give it back!"

"No!" I pushed her off to the side and quickly stood up to my feet. Not wasting anytime to open the bathroom door. She grabbed my feet and began pulling on my jeans yelling at me. Pushing me. Anything to get it out of my hands.

"Please give it back!" She pleaded, on her knees.

"Let me go!" I told her as I attempted to push her away, falling again in the process. I wasnt giving up, though. I crawled slowly to the toilet and dump the bag into the water.