Chapter 105: Blood Red Roses (Final Chapter)

Reporter:

Breaking news tonight:

Authorities have informed us that Singer, Denise Wilson was found dead in her Los Angeles Condo today at four this afternoon. Source says that the singer had MIA; not been answering phone calls or attending business meetings, and her family and friends grew worried. It was her twin brother, Daniel Wilson, who found her laying unconscious on her living room floor. She was pronounced dead on the scene. The cause of death has not yet been released, but according to police officers there were over ten pounds of cocaine and marijuana found in her home. It is believed that drug overdose is likely be the cause of her sudden death.

Denise, also known as her stage name and Nick name De, was a member of the pop group sensation Promise before she announced that she was going solo this past summer. Since then, she has released one single that has been climbing the R&B charts for the past couple of weeks. Also, an album that is set to release in the beginning of next year.

There has not been any statements made by any of the other members, or Denise's family. There will be more to this story as it progresses....

_______________________

December 21, 1984

Harlem, New York

Jojo's POV

There was a hard thudding pressing into my shoulder. If it wasn't for the place that I was, and the urge of respect I had for the people surrounding me I would've turned around and cursed who ever the person was out for being so irritating.

The temperature was freezing. Snow flakes slowly falling on my almost pale white cheeks. The old neighborhood that I grew up to know was covered in a thick blanket of snow. Two inches of it surrounding our boots. I had always hated the snow. I the cold in general. The sight of it always put in a really bad mood for some reason. I wasn't exactly sure if this was proper weather to have a burial service, but it was okay for her family. They all said that wanted to get the hard part over and done with. There was no need to waste time leaving her lifeless body above the grounds of this earth.

They wanted the grieving to be over with already.

The thudding continued and this time the person kept whispering my name. " JoJo...JoJo..."

"What?" I snapped, swinging my head around at the person.

Nikki eyes widened as took a small step back. " I'm sorry," she whispered back to me.

Rolling my eyes, I let out a long sigh. Watching as my breath disappeared in the cold hair. "What, Nicole?" I glanced back at the coffin that sat about ten feet in front of us. The blood red roses that sat on the top were slightly blowing in the piercing breeze.

"Is it just me or are they mean mugging us."

I turned my head in her direction giving her a look of disgust. " Really, Nicole?"

"No, look!" She grabbed my face with her hand pushed my face in a different direction where some of De's family. They were the ones that De never spoke about. Some of her aunts and her cousins. They all stood there looking at not just us, but all of us. Aleena, Aaliyah, Nicole, and myself.

My eyes met one of them. Her cousin, Sandra. Denise had spoke about her. She said that her family always put her in a pedestal. Always bragged about her because she was Captain of the cheer team, had perfect grades, won prom queen two years in a row. The list went on and on. Denise hated it because people always compared the two of them while they were growing up. People always wondered why she wasn't just like Sandra. It sounded like she was jealous of her if anyone asked me.