Chapter 10: Closed Door to Open Windows.

"Rain taps the windows, as the sky. returns to grey."

_______________

Darkness was falling from the ceiling of my room to the cold smooth wood of the hollow floors; and also my heart.

I couldn't see anything, I couldn't feel anything. My eyes were blurred by the hot stingy tears that was rising to the surface of my eyes. They were pooling over my flushed cheeks. Dampening my long eye lashes. Even though I wiped them away with my hand more and more kept coming along. Attacking the strength that I had built over the years of trying not to cry, of trying not to care. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry! I try to tell myself, then more and more comes along. Disobeying my commands.

Your tears are adding to the floods... it came to me in a whisper. My tears were adding to the floods of the woven complications, pain, heartache, and anger I had unfolding inside of me at that moment. Although I knew my heart was pained, I could no longer feel it.

It was there...but it wasn't....

I was numb. I was wondering what happened to me. After all these years, what had happen to me? Am I just a shell now? Did she completely kill my soul. Leaving my spirit to sleep somewhere cold and dark...like my room?

My room...I thought to myself. My darkened room. I looked around at the shadows of my furniture that was slowly fading in the dark. " Just like me..." I whispered faintly into the darkness. My breath was like fire against my finger tips

In a darkened room, my darkened room. lies the wounded, the shattered remains of.....

Of what? I asked myself. I looked down at my arms and began watching as the cold red blood ran freely down my bare arms. Though it was cold, my skin screamed and burned in reaction to the sharp metal blade that I was sliding across my skin.

Of what?

A dead carcass searching for a soul?

A dead carcass? Yes, that's what I am. A carcass.

I placed the blade down and put a warm wet towel over my freshly new scars.

Forever these scars will remain. I'm falling apart, leave me here forever in the dark...

Turning my head to the left so I could wipe another tear that fallen from my eye, I caught glimpse of my window. The night sky was a mixture of several shades of black and grays. The shadows of the light poles was beginning to shift inside of my room; slowly fading into the darkness. The wind shook the trees causing its branches to brush window. its soft rustling vibrations set a smooth lullaby to my ears.

Shadows fills an empty heart as hope fades away. Skin white as winter as the sky returns to gray.