Chapter 68: Roots

I was awoken by his soft lips pressing against my skin. My naked body was wrapped in the soft sheets and my hair was all over my head. I knew it couldn't be passed eight yet, and I wondered why he was waking me up so early in the morning, knowing that I hated getting up so early. The smell of his cologne filling my nostrils as he continued to show me with kisses. I opened my eyes to see the sun shining through our white drapes in the room. My eyes were heavy with sleepiness, and I felt drained from the night before. I lifted my hand and placed it over his hair while he continued to kiss at my cheeks and my neck. "Why are you waking me up so early?" I groaned, groggily. I moved the pieces of my hair from my face.

He pressed his lips against mine. I can smell how minty his breath was." C'mon, get up."

I rolled my eyes and pulled the covers over my head. "No." I said.

"Liyah, get up.." he laughed. He began to pull the covers from over my head. "Don't make me tickle you."

My eyes shot open, and I pushed the covers from over my head. "You wouldn't dare."

"You know I would."

I sighed. "Why are you waking me up so early?" I asked again as I sat up, covering my chest with the sheets.

"Get dressed, I'm taking you some where." He told me.

I gave him a look. "Where are you taking me at..." I looked at the clock on my nightstand. "7:05 in the morning?"

"You'll see when we get there." he kissed my forehead. " Now come on, just throw on a t-shirt and jeans."

I shook my head. "I can't. I have a meeting to go to at nine."

He looked at me, raising his eyebrow." Really? For what?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, they say it's important." I yawned and began rubbing my face.

"Where we're going shouldn't take long. Just get dressed and I'll drop you off after we leave."

"Ugh! I wish you would've told me this before hand. I wouldn't have let you keep me up all night last night." I told him as I stood out of the bed and pulled my rob off the chair of my desk.

He gave me a penetrating look. "You know you liked it."

I snickered." Pfft, you wish."

"Mmhmm..."

There were many times where he had told me that we were going somewhere, but wouldn't tell me where. I knew well enough by now that he would not tell where we were going because it was a so called "surprise". The last time he had done it was years before when he had taken me to a land he was planning on buying for us. He had not spoken about that land at all, but I knew he still had the desire to buy it. I knew it because he had filmed a video there with one of his best friends, Paul McCartney. It was called Say Say Say, and he and his sister LaToya was in it.

I quickly showered and got dressed quickly. I pulled my hair into a pony tail, and did my make up very lightly for the day, considering that I had no other plans other than the meeting and whatever Michael called himself trying to do. After applying my red lip stick, I walked out the bathroom and went to the living where he was waiting, he was already taking his keys off the counter and heading by the door. "Are you ready?"

I only nodded as I grabbed my purse and walked out the door.

We drove in silence. The only sound was our favorite radio station playing and other cars passing by in the Los Angeles traffic. It wasn't long before I realized that we were headed back to Encino. I knew the route too well. I began to wonder if he was taking me to see his mother, considering the fact that she had been wanting to here for from me, but when I saw the we were headed no where near Hayvenhurst, that's when my wheels really began to turn. "Michael, seriously where are we going."