Chapter 96: Old Habits

Nikki's POV

The Rush tour began in March-just two weeks after the Grammys-taking off in Texas and moving towards Atlanta, Florida, Hawaii, The Bahamas, and Washington. It a went by so quickly, and before I knew it, half of the tour was over. Our fans were the best. Each show was sold out, each arena was packed with screaming fans every night, and each show was different. The energy and aura of the crowd was always through the roof. We would sing and dance our heart ours and they would be doing the same. It was like they were on stage with us. I loved the way they chanted our names, the way the screamed and cried when they saw us. I felt as though I was on top of the world. The adrenaline rush, our racing hearts, and...our bonds. When we performed, it was like all that we had been going through evaporated into the air for those two hours. And for once, we were all friends again.

But as time went on, it was like we were slipping and we were all on the verge falling. To the naked eye, it may have looked like we had everything together, but if you were to look deeper our bonds were breaking. We were becoming distant. Jojo was more about what she was usually about, which was business. When we weren't on stage she was stressing us about meetings, interviews, and upcing events. Leena dedicated most of her time to be at Liyah's side when she needed her. Liyah divided her priorities to the tour, her baby, and flying to meet Michael in certain places when he needed her. And De? She started off fine, but with time, De just fell back into old habits.

We all sat in Liyah's hotel room in silence when Savannah walked in. I was hoping to maybe hear some good news, but I could tell by the look on her middle aged face that she didn't carry good news. She shut the door behind her, and crossed her arms across her chest while she slowly walked over to to us. " Well?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and let out a long, piercing sigh. "I just got in contact with one of the hotel employees in DC, and he said that he saw her get into her car early in the morning around six o'clock. Said that she just drove off."

" So, there's no telling where she is?" Jojo asked, her face was creased in frustration.

She shook her head, " More than likely, she's still there."

"Which means she's gonna miss the shows here." Jojo stood up from the chair and and walked over to the nearest window. "I can't believe this. You know, I should've followed my first mind. We should've gotten rid of her like we said we were gonna do before."

"What do you mean by we?" I asked. " You made the decision without even coming to us about it."

" I didn't make that decision. The company did "

"But you went along with it."

She turned to me, placing her hands on my hips. "Well what do you expect me to do? She's ruining everything that we have ever worked hard for. She doesn't care about us, the tour, or the group. She doesn't care about anything! Nothing! All she cares about is whatever drug she's taking that got her running around here like she's lost her damn mind."

"Okay, but-"

"Look, now is not the time to be pointing the blame at anybody." Savannah said, stopping an argument before it even got started. "At the end of the day we still have shows to do, and we will do it with or with out her."

"Is that all that matters to you right now?"

"No, Nikki in this business you know that if someone is not cooperating and living up the expectations of their contract, we have to drop them and move on. The only reason why she's even still apart of this tour is because Liyah saved her ass." Savannah told me. " Either way she's gonna be dropped. The time is coming, so there is no use in defending her anymore."