Chapter 74: I Need You...You Need Me

A/N: Before I start I must say this: Pray For Bobbi Kristina! Whitney Houston's Daughter!

Peace and Love,

Kay

________________________________

"What about now? What about today? What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?"
-Daughtry

Nikki's POV

Silence filled the room, hanging heavily over our heads. I couldn't wrap my mind around all that had just happened. My stomach held some what of a queasy feeling, progressing as the seconds slowly ticked by. I looked at Jojo, she was looking over the banking records with her eyebrows frowned into a hard crease in the middle if her forehead. Her thin lips were frowning slightly. After a moment of holding that expression, she looked up at Liyah and said:

"I don't get it." She said. " How did they manage to take 22.5 million dollars from us in a year?"

Liyah shook her head. " It wasn't just them. I said someone else was doing it too, but just in smaller amounts. I wasn't able to figure out who. Plus, Bobby has been doing it since '81. He was careful at first, but then just got downright careless."

Jojo nodded her head and let out a long frustrating sigh. " Okay," she said as she threw the stack across the table at Liyah, "so what do we do now, we're still broke, and now we don't have a manager. Just because we found out that they were taking money from us, doesn't mean the company is going to be willing to pay for the hours we need to record our next album. They are literally reluctant to do that. "

All eyes were on Liyah, though she sat there as if she wasn't the least bit concerned about that question. "You honestly think I went through all this trouble to figure this out, and not have a plan for what to do next?"

Jojo began twirling her pen between her fingers. Perking up one of her eyebrows as if she was challenging her, or doubting her. "What do you suppose we do?"

"Well," she closed her folder and rested her elbows on top. Folding her hands beneath her chin, " we're not necessarily broke." She began slowly. "Recording hours are expensive - yes- but, the only thing I could think of is that we all pitch in and pay for it ourselves."

"What?!" Leena looked at little sister as if she had two heads. " Liyah, that's just may be the stupidest thing you've ever said in your life."

Liyah slowly turned her head giving Leena a look. " Can I finish? "

" Go ahead."

" Look, Rush is successful, but not as successful as I would want it to be. I know that music industry is kind of off right now, but seriously - that is not an excuse. I feel like, if we have the faith and the determination like we had before, we can probably sale more than ten million. Yes, it sold more than Promise-which sold eight, but we are not going to get anywhere if we are just settling for where are.

" We have been told by many people that our success is because of the fact that we are so different. Our style, the way we dance, the way we sing. Everyone say that we are way ahead of our time." She said. " Well, if are ahead of our time, why haven't we crossed over to the pop charts?" I wasn't sure if that was a rhetorical question or not. " Crazy In Love is our only single that crossed over to the pop charts. Out of Get up, Don't Cha, Worth It, and 2 On-that was the only one. The others did well on the Soul and R&B charts, but it was Crazy In Love was on top of Billboard Hot 100 for seventeen weeks."she paused, letting it sink in. Then a smile appeared on her face. " We were the first group in history to do that, besides the Beatles. But we are the first female group in history to do that.