Chapter 92: Tough Love

Nikki's POV

Liyah came back down stairs almost an hour later telling me to meet her outside to talk. The temperature had dropped a few degrees and the sweater I was wearing was beginning to fail its fight to keep me warm as I stood out on their large balcony. The only sound that accompanied us was the sound of the ocean washing on the shore and the wind howling through the air. " It looks like it's gonna start raining." I told her.

Her eyebrow began to raise as she handed me a cup of juice. " Maybe."

"It's gotta be nice living out here in your own personal area," I sat down in one of the lounge chairs, placing my cup on the table that sat next to it. "It's very peaceful out here."

"This is the only place we can really get peace." She said with a sigh.

"You look like you've been crying." I said softly.

"That's because I have." She stood up and leaned against the wall in front of me.

"Y'all were loud."

"You heard us?" She asked, her eyebrows frowning.

"It was faint, but I did hear Michael raise his voice at you. I don't know what he said."

"He's mad about what I said to Diana." She said, rolling her eyes.

I started laughing at the her. " You were wrong for that. You know you were wrong for that."

She gave a soft laugh and began shaking her head. " It was... rude, but.." She let her sentence trail away. " What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

"De."

"What about her."

I sighed and crossed my legs. " I think we're making a mistake by giving her another chance, Li."

"Why you say that?"

"Because she doesn't care. I went over to her house earlier this day and to knock some sense into her and she was doing the same thing that she's always been doing."

Liyah's face was creasing with confusion as she mindlessly rubbed her stomach. " What is that?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. " Drugs."

She pressed her lips together and looked out into cloudy night. "W-what kind of drugs do she do?"

I shook my head. "It looked like crack..." I lied. De pretty much got high off of anything that she could get her hands on. PSP, Ecstasy, Cocaine, Herion. Anything. I wasn't going to tell her that though. I didn't want to upset her. "She said she doesn't care. She said that she didn't need us." I contained. " She's being ungrateful, Liyah. I don't think anything could set her straight unless we fight back with tough love."

"Tough love?"

"Yes, tough love." I nodded. " I don't even think she's aware that she has a problem, and she's not gonna get her act together by the time of the tour. There's no telling how long she's been doing those drugs."

Liyah removed the hair from her face and cocked her head to the side. She sat back down in the chair next to the one I was sitting in. " So," she said a little too loudly. " What do you suppose we do."

"I don't know, an intervention?" I suggested. " Liyah, I respect you for standing up for her and all, but you don't need to throw away everything you love because of her. She's not cut out to be apart of this group any more."

"Nik-"

"No," I said, sharply. Cutting her off. " I know she started us off. I know she put us together, and we will always give her credit for that. But Jojo's right. We have have worked too hard to get where we are right now to have her run it into the ground." She was silent, playing with the sleeves of the over sized letterman jacket she was wearing. " Liyah, you always told to me that the only person I could ever worry about is myself. I suggest you take your own advice and not worry about her."