Chapter 99: Try

Three Months Later

Nikki's POV

"I've tried to be fair, and pretend like I care. But no asset is worth all the time...spent listening and laughing to dramas that mean nothing. Can't find any depths to these minds." I sat on Jojo's guitar case, staring down at my hands as I played with red glossy finger nails. Jojo's guitar strumming was all I heard, and in my mind I saw nothing. I didn't see Leena slowly bobbing her head to the sound of the strumming guitar, while she twirled her brown hair softly between her fingers. I couldn't see Liyah standing behind her long white couch bouncing Arianna in her arms while she tried to soothe her. I saw nothing. Which was the only way I could sit on that guitar case, and sing a song that was so personal in the middle of Liyah's living room. "Purity lost in vain. And you think I should be the same? Don't assume I will follow and drop all my morals, so you can look good for the crowd. You don't care about my thoughts or the light that I brought. I'm tired of helping you out.

"They chose to be blind when lonely and shy. I searched for acceptance at first. Said the traits didn't match. Now you take it all back when it adds something more to your worth. Purity lost in vain. And you think I should be...the same?" I listened carefully as the the guitar as it faded into the air.

I glanced around the room to see that not much had changed. "So, what do you think?" Jojo asked them.

Leena leaned back against the throw pillows as she nodded her head put and slowly. " I like the lyrics and the harmony. It was pretty good. It definitely need more pizazz to it, but I'm sure it's not even finished."

" It's not," I assured her.

"It's definitely something worth recording," Liyah said. She walked around the couch, placing a bottle on the coffee table. " You need to make a demo once you're finish writing it."

I nodded my head up and down and stood up from the case that was beginning to hurt my butt.

"Then take it to Quincy once we get back in the studio." She added.

"When will we be back in the studio?" Leena asked.

"Well, Savannah is still doing her background check on Tammy." She added extra emphasis on the word as she quoted them with her only free hand. Her other hand was too occupied with trying to brush down Ariana's thick black curls. "So, once that is done and we get her caught on the past two albums and dance routines, we should be back in the studio by the beginning of next year." Tammy was our new member that we had chosen a couple of months back. The girl who would be taking Denise's place in the group.