Chapter 14: Promise

Leena's POV

I've always hated the smell of salons. It was always so...congested. I felt like my brain was being clouded with all mixture of smells that filled the air.

I was sitting in the huge black leather chair flipping through Vogue magazine while a stylist named Avery was doing my hair. The others were doing the same. Jojo was eating on a granola bar. Nikki was babbling on to De and Aj about something. They all had their own hair stylist doing there hair..Nikki had to get hers cut (which she cried for thirty minutes about), now she was having it dyed. Jojo also had to get hers dyed too and now she was having highlights added to it. De was getting more hair added to hers and hers was going go be curled. Aj was getting her hair relaxed and dyed black.

This was something that I loved. Back home we would never go to one of those run down salons that was around Harlem. Well, I don't know about them but I would rather have my aunt who didn't know what the hell she was doing to do my hair than to have some hoe do it. People over there would hate on you just because you had longer hair than they did. I was disliked the most in Harlem so i never went to those shops. I didn't want to end up bald headed.

The next step was makeup and that was what I was really excited about. I wondered how they were going to do my eye make up. I was hoping they add false eyelashes along with eye shadow. I loved eye shadow And maybe red lip stick. I looked really hot in that.

They were also going to make us have our very first photoshoot which meant that they were going to put us through wardrobe attire. I was hoping we would wear something short and sexy. Something that would have all the boys coming after us. We were in California, so we had to be hot.

I just wished this wouldn't have to take so long. I had been sitting in that same chair for hours and my ass was becoming numb.

" ...met him at the party last week." Was all I heard Nikki say when I looked up from my magazine. I was growing tired of looking at it.

"Wasn't he that guy who was with Marlon." De asked

" Yeah, the one who busted the last bottle of champagne and got it all over everyone?" Jojo said with her mouth full.

Aj was getting her washed when she looked at her confusingly. Her gray eyes squinted at her. " Wait, wait. When did this happen?"

"A little bit after Bobby got thrown in the pool by Jermaine and Randy."

"Bobby got thrown in the pool..." She looked completely lost.

Nikki's mouth dropped. "Where were you? Underneath a rock?!"

"No." she mumbled as looked up at the ceiling.

"Then where were you?"

"Yeah," Jojo said as she looked at her. " Where were you? I remember you being there and then you were gone."

Aj closed her eyes and sighed." I don't think that's any of your concern." she said slowly.

I rolled my eyes at my sister, then looked at Nikki who was sitting directly across from. " She was with Michael." I remembered watching them go back in the house together. I just didn't think much of it. I was too busy talking to this fine guy that I had met.....what was his name?

Her head snapped up, but her stylist, Jennifer, pushed it back down. "Shut-up, Leena...." She sounded as if she was speaking through her teeth.

Jojo and Nikki's eyes grew wide, De's eyes peered up from her book. " Ooooh, Aj!" Nikki had this huge smile on her face as she leaned forward in her chair. "Where did y'all go?"