Chapter 22: Decisions

I stared at her a moment as if i couldn't comprehend what she was saying."Rehab? You're kidding, right?"

This is a joke. This has to be a joke. I swallowed the heavy lump growing in my throat as my heart pounded in my chest.

She shook her head slowly, her brown eyes seem as though the were burning through my soul."No, I am not kidding." she said faintly.

My stomach dropped. "This is ridiculous, Sasha." I said as I slowly stood up from my chair." I don't need to go to rehab, I told you I stopped."

"You just said that you stopped because of Michael," she pointed out. "That itself proves that you're unstable."

"How," I asked. "I promised him I would stop and I kept that promise."

Sasha's mouth dropped. "Aaliyah, you just said that if he left you, you'd kill yourself!" Her wide brown eyes scanned my face frantically as she spoke, "This is a serious problem. Not only do you have your whole self wrapped up in that boy. But you just threatened your life if he were to go away! Does he know that? Does he know that you'd kill yourself if he were to walk out on you? Huh? If he knows you good enough to make you promise, he would agree that you need the help."

I rolled my eyes towards the ceiling. I couldn't believe what she was doing. She was making go to rehab. For what reason, because of some scars I have traveling up and down my arm? What the hell? Why would she choose now to intervene with my problems that I have? Why wait until I was finally beginning to put them behind me? Probably because she felt guilty for not noticing. She's punishing me for her own shortcomings. That had to be it. She wanted to mend her guilt by institutionalizing me. Well, I wasn't about to let her get off that easily. I easygoing down without a fight.

I crossed my arms against my chest and lifted my chin. "What if I don't want to go to rehab?" I challenged

Sasha sensed my defiance and raised her eyebrow to show her superiority. "If you don't go you can kiss your career and Michael goodbye."

"Sasha!" Liana hissed through her teeth.

"What?! " I retorted with disbelief." You can't do that!"

"I'm sorry, but it's the only way I can get through to you. If I give you a choice you will say no."

"But why do you have to threaten me by taking him away? Why can't you just take away my journal, chop all my hair off? Do whatever. Just don't use him as a way to get me to talk to some shrink."

"Aaliyah, I'm doing what I think is best."

"How is that best for me? Huh? What good would that do?"

"It will get you the help that you need. The help that you have been needing for a really long time-"

"Oh, my God, you should've saw that needed help a long time ago. Why wait until now. That shows that you are not as good of medical student that you think you are. You don't even know when your own niece is shedding blood. Isn't mental health something you're suppose to learn when you go to nursing school?"

She walked up to me, placing her finger in my face. " Don't you go flipping the script on me young lady. I am still your aunt. You should be lucky that I'm trying to do something about it now."

" You should've done something about it a long time ago, Sasha. That's the part that you're not understanding, you should've done it a long time ago."

"Like I said, you have a choice. You can go for a couple of months...or..you can say goodbye to your boyfriend. Simple as that."

"If you make me go I swear I will hurt myself," I threatened. "I'll find someway to do it when I get there and it'll be your fault because you made me go!"