Chapter 40: Frozen

Michael's POV

Her soft face creased with confusion. Her hazel brown eyes darted between me and Liyah. "Am I....interrupting something?"

"We were actually working." I said. As I glanced at back at Liyah. I could see her questioning why she was here.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry."She said as she pulled the straps of her purse back up on her shoulder. She looked back at Liyah? "Is it okay if I borrow him for a moment."

I turned to her. Her expression was unreadable. She just simply shrugged her shoulders."Be my guest."

I tried to hide the fact that I was shock but I'm pretty sure it was becoming known. I had expected her to just say, ' It depends on what you want to borrow him for.' But instead she was actually being...nice to one of the girls I used to date. I closed my eyes and exhaled remembering that she had no right to be jealous. We're not together anymore.

I followed her out into the hallway, closing the door behind me. She simply stood there with her arms crossed not saying much. I glanced down at her body noticing that she had put on a little weight, which was a surprise because she wouldn't dare to even let herself go in any kind of way. I remembered that she would take the bread off of a hamburger before eating it. I thought it was ridiculous. She had always been a pretty girl, with Carmel skin, hazel brown eyes and long curly brown hair. She always had a curvy body and was very protective of her appearance. She never went out without make up and even now she had on neutral colors that matched her full skin. "I didn't know you guys were back together." she said softly, breaking the awkward silence.

"We're not back together... we're just...good friends." I said, choosing my words carefully.

" Friends?" She repeated, doubtfully. "Please, you two can't be friends if your lives depended on it."

I wanted to question her comment but I decided to let it go. "Did you need something?"

Her humor instantly faded and she grew serious again."I need to talk to you."

"You couldn't call?"

"You never answer your phone anymore. Randy always say you're at the studio. It's like you live here."

"Well, I do have to work. I have my album I'm working on. The E.T. Soundtrack, plus, Liyah and I have two duets to record, so I've been pretty busy, you know. I have to stay over night here to get it all done." I don't know why I told her all of that. It wasn't like she cared about all the stuff I had to do. Vanessa was always about self. She never really cared much about anyone else.

"That's why I came here. If I hadn't I may not have ever been able to get in touch with you."

"Well, you're in touch. What's up?"

She sighed. " I know we slept together last month."

I felt frustration running over me. I hated that she reminded of something that I regretted. Something I wished had never happened. I felt so guilty about the whole thing. Even if I didn't remember any of it. "Okay...If you think that meant anything to me it doesn't, I'm sorry. "

"I didn't say it meant anything to me, either. We were drunk."

"Exactly." I nodded as I scratched the side of my nose. "That's one of the reasons why it never worked for us. You seem like you can't resist a bottle of alcohol."

She rolled her eyes to the ceiling and placed here hands on her hips."Well, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't touched a bottle of alcohol in a month."

I stared at her blankly. I didn't understand why she was telling me this. She had basically sat there and say things that was a total waste of time.