Chapter 41: I Don't Wanna Hurt Anymore

"Don't make me close one more door. I don't wanna hurt anymore."

-Whitney Houston (I Have Nothing)

______________________________________

Michael's POV

"You know I hate liars." She told me once. She was laying her head in my lap while she played with the denim jeans I wore that day, and I simply played in her hair. running my fingers through its thickness. The room was dark, the only thing that was on was the TV. We were watching the Three Stooges which was a movie we both loved. The lights from the TV danced on her face as she stared mindlessly at the screen. "I mean why can't people just be straight forward, and be completely honest with each other? Why when telling a story you have to have exaggeration to spark up everything?"

"To make everything more interesting?" I suggested.

She snickered."If a story is interesting then it's interesting. If it's not it's not."

"Why are you so deep and poetic?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and sat up."It's something that I can't help. I've been doing it since I was a kid."

"You've been writing poetry since you were a kid?" I asked. She nodded her head and laid back in the pillows stretching her legs over mine. "Why do you hate liars?"

Her eyebrow shot up. " Who don't hate liars?"

"Liars,"

She started laughing and kicked my arm playfully.

"People hate liars for many different reasons."I laughed as I laid on top of her.

" I've been lied to by many people who I thought I loved." she said softly.

I stared into her eyes which were gray that day. Seeing all the hurt that still existed in them. I pressed my lips against her forehead."Do you love me?"

"You know I do." She whispered.

"Well if you love me do you trust me enough to know I won't ever lie to you. No matter how hard the truth my be?"

She stared at me for a moment Then reached to bury her hands in my hair. "You are the only person I have ever trusted myself enough to trust. So I believe you." Her full lips met mine again. I relaxed on her as I kiss deepened.

"You promise?" She asked against my lips.

I let my hands fall towards her thighs and began tickling them. Her body literally lifted from the bed as she laughed against my mouth.

"Stop!"

"I promise." I laughed, kissing her neck. "I promise."

I was sitting in the studio again. Waiting for a response out of Quincy. It had been two days since Nessa came to me with her news, and I hadn't told anyone about it. No one at all, not even Randy. I felt Quincy would give me some kind of advice of how to deal with the situation because honestly... I didn't know how. I made things worse by lying to Liyah, if I hadn't done that she would've been the one I would've been going to for help. She'd probably fuss at me first but I knew she would give me something logical.

Quincy sat there rubbing his chin as he thought about what I had told him. I was literally sitting on pins and needles, waiting for him to say something. I began playing with my nails as I waited. "Mike, you got to be more careful, man." He finally said in what felt like forever.