Chapter 3: Changes

De's POV

"I don't know why I hang out with you losers

"I don't know why I hang out with you losers." I said as I shook my head from side to side as I took a sip of my drink. I was sitting in my living room with my brother DJ, watching as he and Craig laughed ridiculously at some stupid television show.

Craig passed his joint over to DJ as fanned the smoke away. " If you don't like us, you can leave."

I narrowed my eyes, straining  to see him through the cloud of smoke that was circling around the living room. The air was so polluted by it that I could barely see their ugly faces. Rolling my eyes, I stood up and walked over to the table in front of the door where my make up bag was. "Actually, I have to go pick up Aj and Leena."

"For what?" DJ asked.

I turned to him, watching as he blew out the smoke and passed it back Craig. "You should remember. We are meeting Nikki, Jojo and Mike at the recording studio."

He snorted. " I don't know what makes you think y'all gone actually get that deal, Mike made it because he got lucky. What makes you think that they will want some girls who sang in a broke down club every Friday night?"

"Oh, shut up, you're just jealous."

"I'm surprised you ain't trying to be happy for them, man. AJ is in going to be apart of it." Craig pointed out.

"Aj said she wasn't fully going with it."

"She's still coming to the recording session." I stood in the mirror, fixing my hair as I spoke to them through the reflection. "Besides, I don't know why you still like her anyway, you're never gonna get her." I rolled my eyes at the fact that my brother had been crushing on Aj since he was seventeen, and at that point she was just twelve. Hadn't even touch adolescents yet. I thought that was the most unnatural thing ever.

"I've been trying to get with that chic for years now and nothing has worked." He said as he sighed. " I think I know what her problem is though."

" What?" I asked.

" She got something against the blacks."

Craig started laughing and shaking his head; he must've thought that little theory was just as stupid as I did.

"Naw, don't laugh I'm serious. Each and every brother has been trying to get with that girl and she turns them down. Even Mike, and he got money."

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity."Mike does not like her, she's too young for him and so are you. "

"Whatever, he likes her. I know that little soft hearted sucker. I can tell by the way he looks at her that he likes her. "

"DJ, you haven't seen that dude in years!"

"Why are you looking at the way he looks at her?" Craig asked as he put the rest of his joint out in a ash tray.

He shot a look at him." Its so obvious, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He think just because he got all that fame and shit that he can have what he wants. Everyone knows that Aj belong to me."