Chapter 73: Betrayals

Nikki's POV

"Tell the truth," I said as I glanced away from the window to make eye contact with De, " were you the one who sent those pictures to those magazine companies?"She was sitting at the large table throwing things in her purse after she had given her self her daily boost of powder that she did every morning. "If it was you, please say something about it now before this meeting starts."

Her brown eyes slowly met mine as she began rubbing her nose with her finger. " What makes you think it was me?" She asked.

"I'm not saying it was you. I'm just saying, that if you had something to do with this, you need to let me know."

"Why would I wanna go through all the trouble of making copies of those pictures, and sending it to thirty magazine companies?"

I shrugged my shoulders and sat down at the table next to her. "I don't know, you tell me."

She sighed and rolled her eyes to the ceiling and began applying lipstick to her lips. " I had nothing to do with it."She said casually. " I am not that worried about Aj and her half naked photos. If she got naked for a photoshoot and it got out that's her problem." She through her lipstick back into her purse and shrugged nonchalantly. "Besides, it looks like it made her more famous than anything. " she said sarcastically. " Everyone's obsessed with that sad look in her eyes!"

" You know she doesn't care about how famous it makes her."

"And you know I don't care about how pissed off this makes her. So...why are we even having this conversation?"

I let out a heavy sigh and crossed my legs under the table. " Denise," I began slowly, " I'm just trying to figure out who it was, okay? And you're the only one who seems as though you have something against her!"

"Just because I don't like her doesn't mean I'll go through all that trouble, Nicole." Her was growing with a annoyance which told me that she was tired of my talking about it. "Why is it even being brought in this meeting anyway?"

"Because Liyah is coming home today, and she'll be here," I explained. " And no one knows how or why those pictures got out like that, and I'm sure she will be wanting a reasonable explanation. "

She swung her head at me. " Well, news flash Nikki: unlike everyone else, I am not here to live up to Aaliyah Dana Haughton and her expectations."

I stared at her for a long moment, studying her annoyed and drained expression. For the first time I was able to see what those drugs was doing to her. She looked thin and ten years older than she really was. Her brown eyes were droopy and tired, wrinkles her beginning to form at the corner of her eyes. Her lips were pressed tightly together making her lips stick look clustered and broken against them. She didn't look like herself at all. She looked like a well put together junky.