Chapter 69: Sound Of Madness

Michael's POV

That piano.

That's one of the many things that made me fall for her. There was just something about the way she played. The way her long skinny fingers danced across the keys. She had way of making people feel what she was feeling just through the harmony of a song. From the first day I met her I was always mesmerized by her. Just the way she spoke, the way she rose her eyebrow at someone while she was speaking to them. The way she sung, but it wasn't until that day I heard play the piano in the studio that I realized she had to be mine. I knew I loved her, and I realized everything she had gone through I told myself to that I would do anything to show her that she could be loved. It became a desire, a need. And in the process of that, she did the same for me too without even realizing it.

Liyah could be a pain. I realized that after a month of knowing her. She was sassy, caustic, and extremely uncooperative. When she was hiding something, or she didn't want to talk about something that she know will cause her some form of pain, she would do anything to keep me from figuring out what was wrong. Even if that meant hurting me in the process. Sometimes I wondered if she realized she did it. The fact that she didn't want talk about all that had happened really hurt me in a way. I understood why, but she had to understand that I loved her and cared about her. I wanted to know everything that went through her mind. Every cutting pain that had her cry next to me when she thought I was sleeping.

I think her problem was that she spent her whole life hiding her feelings from everyone. Her sister, her aunts, and no one put forth the effort to get it out of her like I did. She never spoke to them and told them everything the way she told me. She said that she felt like they wouldn't understand. She spent her whole life building walls around her and blocking everyone out, and now that she finally let someone in she's second guessing herself. I could see it in her eyes.

When I walked into our apartment, that's exactly what she was doing, playing her keyboard, right by the window that was opened wide enough to let the warm California heat in. She would often complain about that keyboard, saying that it was nothing like a real piano. It didn't have the same sound is what she told me, it didn't have the same effect. I told myself that I would have to get her one, but I wanted to wait until we got a bigger place. I wasn't planning on staying in the apartment for long. It was entirely too small for us, and I wasn't even allowed to have my animals there.

She was in the middle of a song that she was singing. " Just don't give up I'm workin' it out. Please don't give in, I won't let you down. It messed me up...." She stopped and glanced up towards the ceiling. Humming the lines over again to herself. "Need a second to breathe." I tapped her on her shoulder and she looked up at me, startled."Can you make your presence known for once?" She always asked that question when I scared her.

"It's no fun that way." I told her as I kissed her on her forehead.

I held up the bags I had in my hand. " Guess who doesn't have to cook?"

Her eyebrow began to rise as she eyed the bag. " What did you get?"

"Bill and I got Mexican food, and...." I smiled widely holding up the other bag. " Baskin Robin's Ice cream." I sung. It was our favorite, one of things we did often when we weren't that busy was eating Baskin Robin ice cream and watching movies.

I saw a little smile on her lips. " Is this your way of apologizing? " she asked, as a slight smirk came upon her face. "Because if it is, you're gonna have to try a lot harder than that, baby."

I ignored her comment." I got your favorite!" I said. " Do you still feel sick?" I asked, remembering that she was nausiated earlier after leaving the center, she didn't even go to that meeting she was supposed to be at. She called and said she didn't feel good and the meeting was canceled. Aparently it was extremely important for her to be there.