Chapter 25: Memories

"Stop, stop, stop!" Wayne yelled from the outside of the booth

"Stop, stop, stop!" Wayne yelled from the outside of the booth. The music and stopped and I stood there confusingly. "Liyah, what the hell was that?! What the fuck was that?!"

My eyebrows frowned." What are you talking about Wayne? I'm singing the song."

"Yeah, but you ain't got no emotion in it at all. You ain't singin' the song like I told you to!"

I pulled the headphones off of me. " I know I'm not singing the song the way you want me to. It's because the way you told me to is stupid as hell. I wrote the song...I'm singing it the way I want to."

"What?" he crossed his arms at me offensively. " Lil girl, don't make me come in there." He said giving me a warning a look.

I shook my head. I had been standing in that studio for two hours trying to record that last song for this album and he was being a complete and total ass hole. He wanted me to sing the song just like I sing every other song on the album and I wasn't about to do that. The song needed a new sound. Not the same vocal range as all the others. I even knew that and I hadn't even been in the business that long. It made me wonder how even got the job. "Stop bitching and start the track over again." I said as I placed the headphones back on my head.

He said something smart, but I didn't quiet catch it. I waited for the soft sound of the piano playing before closed my eyes and began draining the frustration away. This day hadn't been my day. I had a headache. Wayne was really about to make me murder him and I was on my cycle so it wasn't like I was going to all happy happy today. I became a total bitch on the first day.

"Mmmmhmmmm....." I sung into the microphone." I really wish I could....oh..." I looked down at the lyric sheet for the first verse. " I wish I could mend all the scars. That reminds me of all the pain. I wish I could look upon the stars...and beg God cast the memories away. 'Cause I kept on walking along a hard road that swallowed under and pulled me apart, and now that I've found you. I find it hard to put my trust in you and I'm afraid that will push you away......oh....." I glanced up at him and he was just becoming lost in the music....either that or he was just bored. I began singing a long with girls on the chorus." I told myself I will get through this, but all the hurt just seems to stand in the way. I-"

The music stopped again. " Liyah! What are you doing?! Did you forget the words?!"

"How can I forget the words, Wayne? I wrote it!"

"You wrote the damn song and now you can't even sang it!"

"Look here, you ain't gotta be in here right now! You can leave!" I said as I pointed towards the door. Just then Quincy came in along with some other girl I didn't recognize. I pulled the headphones off and walked put the booth. " Quincy, can you please take over in here. I can't get any work done."