Chapter 63: Walking Away

" The innocence of a child is bought and sold. In the name of the damned, the rage of the angels left silent and cold. For give me please, for I know not what I do. How can I keep inside the hurt I know is true?"

One Month Later

The girls and I were on a somewhat of a "mini tour" in Florida, New York, and California. Which meant I spent a whole month on the road away from my home, and my bed which I hated. And spending a whole month away from Michael was something I really couldn't stand. So, as the days went on, very slowly. Dragging me through the weeks as I tried to keep my sanity, the only time it wasn't thought about was while I was on stage.

The stage. Man, it was like heaven up there for me. The lights, the sweat, and the screaming fans. It put me on such a high. My adrenaline pumping hard and fast. My heart beating fifty million beats per minute while I danced like there was no tomorrow. I loved it up there. I was my happiest up there. I was most comfortable on stage, it was as though all my troubles, all my fears were forgotten for just a couple of hours. I sometimes wished I lived there for the rest of my life.

I missed Michael so much that it sickened me. So when I finally got my hands on him when I arrived at Hayvenhurst one afternoon I was hoping to get showered with his kisses and his love. Instead I found myself in the middle of drama that had grown between him, his father, and his brothers while I was gone. Basically, Michael had his current managers fired due to some things that was being said to the press. It was something about Joseph being racist, and that they never got along with them at all. Then Joseph goes in defending himself saying 'People have called me racist. I am not racist. If I were racist, I would not have hired a lot of white people to work for me. I am not racist. I'm an American.' Then he goes as far as to start talking about his children, which is something he often did. ' I gave my children one hundred percent of my know-how, knowledge and time trying to develop them to be what they are today, and it has paid off and is still paying off.'

Michael, being the person that he was, thought there was too much being said about race. He thought there was too much being said to the press. Period. That's what led to him firing his managers. As for Joseph, he was already pissed at him for saying what he said, and he had to go and address the manner to the world..He explained that he didn't understand why he would say things like that, and that he was color-blind and didn't hire people because of color. On top of all this, Michael still had not resigned Joseph. Now that Michael was upset with him.. I knew there no way he was getting resigned now, and I was right, he wasn't.