Chapter 84: Caring For The Uncaring

Leena's POV

Why do I even care?

That's what I kept asking myself. Why do I even care? Any other time I would hope that he was found lying in a ditch some where. Never to ever touch me, or insult me ever again. All those nights I laid with him-even up until now when it's forced-there were so many times I thought I that I could do it myself. Murder him. Injure him. Anything to keep him away from me. But now that its happened...my heart is beating out of my chest. I'm shaking in shoes, twiddling with my fingers.

I was actually scared that something bad may have happened to him.

I've never been the kinda girl who really understood her own feelings. Or the girl who always knew exactly how she felt about someone. But Wayne? Wayne was someone I thought I loved at one moment in my life. I was blinded by what hung in between his legs. Too stupid to see what kind of person he really was. Then I hated his guts. The moment he almost choked me half to death in his hotel room told me he was not a person worth my time or my energy. He was a pig, a complete dick head, and if it wasn't for all those times he had threatened me through black mail...I still wouldn't be around him.

So why do I even care? What did he ever do for me to make me want to care whether or not he's dead or alive?

I was sitting in the hospital room with my arms crossed and my head laying on the back wall. My eyes closed. I didn't want to see all if those who were there. I didn't want to see Nikki laying against the wall next to Liyah who was sitting down next to Michael looking bone tired. Or even Alana who sat next to me, asking me if I was okay every ten minutes. Or the headlines that was going across the screen every second.

Apparently the shooting broke out because of something drug related. A guy didn't have some other guy's money, and based on experience I knew how these drug dealers got about there money. They would only give you a few chances if any, and if you didn't have their money, you paid for it with your life. It was as simple as that. I never agreed with any of that. I hated the whole thing that they did, because I honestly believed they could be doing something better with their lives. My own father was caught up in that whole game and even though he said that he had left the streets long ago, I still couldn't stand then. I couldn't stand them because shit like this happened. Lives lost, people injured, lives endangered. Nothing good ever comes out of dirty money. Money us the disease of our nation.

"...needs to be here." Their voices suddenly came to my ears in low whispers. "Where is she?" Alana asked.

Nikki let out a long sigh and glanced at the wall. "I-I don't know." She shook her head.

She's lying...I've known this girl for years, and I knew she couldn't tell a lie if her whole life depended on it. "Look Nicole, if you know where she is then go find her, please." I said.

She looked at me as if she was startled. As if I knew something that only she knew. Running her fingers through her hair, she turned around and walked away from us. Heading back over to Liyah and whispering something in her ear. Liyah only nodded and stood up. " Leena," she said. " Nikki's going to find De, and I'm about to leave." She walked closer to me. " Stay here until you hear something."

I raised my eyebrow at her. " Why are you leaving?"

"Leena it's getting late." She said. " I have to pee, I'm hungry still, and I'm sleepy. You call me selfish later, but I really can't be here for too much longer. Not while he's here..."