Chapter 49: Love Never Felt So Good

"I've been missing you

"I've been missing you..."

"Mmm." I said as position myself so that my legs were over his. Our foreheads were touching but our lips was taking a brief break from each other. "You know, you have the most sloppiest handwriting I have ever seen."

He giggled. " I haven't seen you in what feels like forever and here you are judging me 'bout my damn handwriting? You're such a dimwit."

I pushed him playfully. " Shut up!"

"Well it's true."

I raised my eyebrow at him, pursuing my lips " I'm a dimwit?"

"No, I was just joking! I was talking about your judgmental ways."

I stared at him for a moment before slowly cocking my head to the side. "I guess that was a little bit irrelevant."

"No, it was very irrelevant!".

I rolled my eyes." Oh, stop being a big baby."

"So I can't be your baby anymore?"

I smiled. "You will always be my baby." I laid my head on his chest. " That doesn't mean you have to act like one." I added quickly.

He sucked his teeth and laughed. "Whatever, Dimps..."

"Speaking of babies....I said as I sat up on the couch. " How's Vanessa?"

His mouth parted but no words came out. He looked towards the recording booth before looking back at me. "You really wanna know?"

I nodded. "Yes, I'm curious."

He rolled his eyes to the ceiling. "Of course."he mumbled. " Well, when I spoke to her it was about a week ago. She's six months along and apparently the baby's a boy."

My eyes widened. " Wow, a bouncing baby boy? Maybe I should send her some balloons."

"There ain't no reason to get all sarcastic Liyah."

"I wasn't being sarcastic, Michael. I'm serious."

He studied my expression slowly. "Why are you so calm about this."

I gave him a puzzled look. "Why would I not be?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, I mean, I slept with another woman and possibly got her pregnant and you ain't the slightest bit of mad at me."

I was quiet for a moment while I thought about his words. I wasn't mad. I had to admit that I was a little jealous because if that baby was his that meant that I wouldn't be the one having his child for him. He had talked about having our children before, back when we had only been together for at least two months. We were on the phone talking about children in general; we had just found out that we both loves kids and wanted some one day. The only difference was that he wanted twelve and I only wanted maybe two or four. "Why so many?" I had asked him.