Chapter 67: Blood Sucking Leeches

Leena's POV

Alana and I stood in front of Liyah's door one night waiting for her to open it after we had already knocked. It was my birthday, I just turned twenty-three and I was heading towards my party. I wanted Liyah there so she could have some fun, which is something that child just simply didn't know how to do. It had been two weeks since her incident and no one had heard or seen from her sense. You would think she was dead if it wasn't for Michael. "Maybe she's not home." Laney said.

I shook my head. "She's home." I reassured her." Her car is here." I pointed towards her Rolls Royce.

Her eyes widened." That's her car?"

"Yeah, it was a seventeenth birthday present from the company." I told her. " Michael has one too."

That made her laugh. " They have matching cars? Wow, no wonder everyone wants to be like them."

I shook my head, snickering.

"Who is it?!" I heard Liyah's voice from the other side.

"It's me, open the damn door!"

She opened the door slightly enough to poke her head out. She looked at the both of us before speaking."What do you want?"

"Uh, ma'am, are you forgetting what today is?" I asked.

"Am I supposed to remember what today is?" She asked smartly.

I rolled my eyes at her comment." Today's my birthday!"

" Oh, is it?" She raised her eyebrows at me." Well, happy birthday." she tried closing the door but I stopped with my hand.

"No, I'm having a party and I want you to come." I pushed opened the door and invited myself in to her apartment.

The room was dark and the TV was on, her tan colored couch had blankets all over it and the table that sat in front had a cup on it along with stacks of music, her journal, and a medication bottle on it

The room was dark and the TV was on, her tan colored couch had blankets all over it and the table that sat in front had a cup on it along with stacks of music, her journal, and a medication bottle on it. I looked over to her keyboard that stood by her window. It was position in the same crooked way her piano did when she was back at home. She had a book case on the other side of the window that had pictures and books that she had read over the years. and next to that was a lamp. I walked over to it and turned it on, allowing all the room to lighten dimly. Her apartment was decorated in things that were in the ancient Egypt style. She was always fascinated with Egypt, always reading about it as a child. I thought it was kind of weird. " God girl, when was the last time you cleaned this place?" I asked her.

She closed the door." I would've cleaned, but I was trying to fall asleep when you came."

"Trying?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

"Well, whatever you're not going to sleep now. Laney, go to her room and find something for her to wear." I told her. Alana nodded and walked out of the room.