Chapter 28: Complications

De's POV

"You sure?" He asked me after a long moment of silence.

I nodded my head. "Yeah," I sighed. I had just broke the news to him The news that I was carrying his child. He sat there on drivers side with his hand resting on the stirring wheel. His eyebrows furrowing in deep thought. "I took a test and it came back positive " I whispered hesitantly.

I great sigh escaped his lips. " What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, I'm not ready for no kid." I said in truth.

"I'm not either."

"What do you think we should do?" I asked as I glanced towards my apartment building. "I mean, this just throws everything off for me and the girls. We have a tour coming up soon. If I'm pregnant they may just drop me from the group or drop us all off together."

"Have you told anyone?"

" No one knows but Liyah, Nikki, and Jojo." I said as I shook my head. I sighed with frustration. " This is the wrong time for this, I would rather it happen next year."

He sucked his teeth. " How is next year any different from this one."

"Liyah's going to rehab for six months so we will be taking a break for that period." I explained.

" Why the hell is she going to rehab? She ain't on that stuff is she?"

I gave him a disgusted look." No. " I answered sharply. " She has some...issues she needs to get resolved."

He snickered. "Whatever. The point is, it don't matter if it was happening now or later. I ain't ready for no damn kid."

I stared at him for a long moment. He sounding like a total immature teenager instead of a twenty eight year old grown man. It kind of pissed me off. "Well then, what do you want me to do about it?" I asked with an attitude.

He glanced at me. " I don't know! Give it up for adoption. Have an abortion."

My heart dropped." What? Wayne, that's just messed up!" I couldn't believe he was being so cold about this.

"Well you came here to follow your dreams, right?"

"Well, yeah..."

"Well I guess that's the only choice we have. What would any of your girls do?"

I thought for a moment. Nikki would probably have the child. Leena would abort it as soon as she found out. There's no telling what Jojo or Liyah would do. Hell, Michael would probably jump and marry Liyah before could even finish the word, pregnant. "I don't know." Was all I said.

"Look, that looks like the only suggestion we have. You have all month to think about it." He turned the key in the ignition starting the car up.

"You don't seem to have any sympathy about it."

"I do, De. I'm just thinking about what's best for you." He said.

I smiled. That's all he ever knew how to make me do is smile. "I'll think about it." I leaned in and kissed his lips.

"I have to go "

I poked my lip out. "Where are you going?"

"I have some... business to take care of."

I became worried instantly." What kind of business, Wayne?" I knew what kind of mess he could get himself into. I wasn't dumb to the fact that literally all his friends was either acquainted with someone in a gang or was in a gang. I constantly worried about him.