Chapter 91: Crowd Of Chaos

Nikki's POV

I don't think my mind could ever be able to grasp on to what I had just seen. Ever. It was just simply something that I could never be able to put into overdrive. I have seen some pretty messed up things in my life, but that? That just made the top of my list. I felt like my stomach was doing back flips inside of me as I focused on the road.

There was no way I could sit there and watch my best friend kiss on a girl, and I was in no mood for asking questions.Was she bisexual now? Was she a lesbian? Was she confused? I was not mentally ready for the answer. I wasn't ready to try and understand what was going on through her mind. Just a couple of weeks ago she was hollering about where Wayne right before he was shot in South Central. Now while her "man" was still in the hospital she was sitting there kissing on a girl.

The thought bothered me so much. I never really judged people for their sexuality. I never really thought I was in a position to judge, and I honestly never found anything wrong with it. While growing up, a lot of people pretended to be gay. Just for the hell of it. Especially in their teenage years when people was just having sex, just to be doing it. But De was never into that. De found lesbians to be disgusting. She thought it was wrong for two people of the same sex to become intimate with one another. So to me, De getting involved with another girl was like Leena deciding to become a nun. It just wasn't happening.

Maybe it was just my imagination...

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. My mind was roaming to many different places at once. I couldn't believe she would actually slap me. I couldn't believe half the stuff she was doing, and I wanted to punch myself for being so damn stupid this past year. What the hell was I doing trying to help her? When I had first found out about the drugs I should have told someone. Looking back on it, I wondered why I didn't. I guess I thought that she'd be mad, and disown me if I did.

I guess I just didn't want her to be mad at me.

Normally, I would be crying, but there was no point in crying. I was tired of crying for people. Over people. It was just too much. I felt as though she had pushed me over the edge and I was highly fed up. The only way that we could help De was to fight her with touch love. She was like a rebellious teenager. You couldn't be nice to her. You couldn't give her chance after chance, because she was just gonna throw each chance away. No one had time to be dealing with a twenty seven year old crack head with everything that had been going on. Jojo was right. She was right about everything.

I drove about forty eight minutes out to Malibu. At that time, Liyah was the only person who I thought had their head screwed on straight. Aside from Jojo, anyway. The thing was, Jojo was only gonna sit there and go on and on about how she told me so. Liyah was actually willing to give De another chance. So, I thought that maybe she she would be more sympathetic. Michael had been out of the hospital for only two days, and so she dedicated her time to making sure he was okay.

Their house was beautiful. It wasn't too big, it wasn't too small. It was a cozy beach house that over looked the beach behind it. The lawn was always cut nicely with flower beds surrounding the drive way. It looked pretty dull because of the winter, but during the summer they were filled with camellias, dandelions, and California Poppy's.

I parked my car next to Liyah's new black Mercedes. She traded in her Royce sometime last year because she said the car wasn't really 'her'. Michael had his same Rolls Royce that recently had painted blue, parked on the side other side of hers. There was also two other cars parked behind there's which told me they had company.

The day was windy. Blowing threw my hair as I walked up the walkway. Their garage door was open where Michael's Mercedes was parked and next to was a hug box with an outline of a baby's crib on the front. I walked up to it to get a better look. It looked expensive. Nothing like a typical white bar baby crib I was used to seeing. I began to wonder what she was going to do with nursery once she found out the sex. She had her heart set on it being boy, but everyone else -aside from Alana- said that it would probably be a girl. Sasha and Liana just wanted it to be a girl so they could have pay back from raising the sass mouth teenager they took in when she and Leena moved to Harlem. I wasn't sure what Michael's family thought.