Chapter 70: Endless Love

June 9, 1983

Reporter:

We are live on one of the biggest days in music history. Right now I am standing in front of the Beverly Hills Hotel where in about an hour probably the biggest wedding ceremony of the year will be held! That's right! The two most popular Hollywood stars, Michael I Jackson and Aaliyah Haughton will be tying the knot here tonight. Only three weeks after Liyah being hospitalized due to lack of nutrition and dehydration, Michael proposed to her in their apartment they share together in Los Angeles. It was kept quiet for five weeks before the engagement was recently made public two weeks ago on an interview here on Entertainment Tonight with Promise. Liyah, the crazy in love bride was shy about the whole thing, but did show off her ten carat diamond ring to Lisa saying, and I quote, I am deeply in love with him. He's everything any girl could want in a guy. He's he's sweet and funny. He's very understanding. He's my bestfriend, my lover, and I look forward to spending our years together. It's really hard for me to explain exactly what my feelings are towards him because I'm lost for words, but he does mean everything to me. Unquote.

The wedding ceremony will be private with only close friends and family, unfortunately. But they will allow ET's camera's into the wedding reception. Where we will get a glimpse of the happy couple.

~•~•~•~•~

"Leena, why did you invite all these people here?" I asked as I looked at her through the mirror I was standing in." I mean when I said I wanted a small wedding, I really meant a small one."

She rolled her eyes and walked up to me and began straightening the dress I wore on my body. " Liyah, I only invited people that you both know. Michael just have a lot freaking people he know." she turned my body around. "Danny, are you sure you got this dress fitted right?"

Danny came in holding something white in his hands. "That's the wrong dress, Lee." He told her. "Girl, just move, you leave the dress to me. Go fuss at the girl's in there or something." I smiled at Danny who was already unzipping the dress I had on. "Girl, I don't know what made that girl think you would actually where this. It does nothing for you figure."

"Well, who else would be wearing white?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Leena, use your common sense honey. I know you ain't got the smarts of a two year old, but damn." I started laughing. I loved Danny. From the day that I had met him back in '78, he always able to put a smile on my face with his crazy personality, no matter the mood I was in. "Close your eyes, girl." He told me.

He began helping into the dress I was supposed to be wearing. "Now Liyah, since you are so picky I had to get your dress custom made. I told them to make it simple, but sexy and I have to say, I am pleased. Girl, Mike is gonna fall over when he see you in this, girl."

"Let's hope I don't fall over first." I said.

"Stop being so pessimistic."Leena huffed. "You're the only one I know who will make her wedding day be a negative thing."

"I'm not making it a negative thing. I'm so nervous! All those people are gonna be staring at me." I said. I wrinkled my nose at the thought.

I heard one of them suck their teeth. "What makes this any different from performing in front of thousands of people?"

"I'm moving, I'm dancing, I'm singing." I explained. "Not, walking down an isle with a bunch of people looking at me, and half of them I don't even know."