Chapter 79: Nobody Knows

Alana's POV

"Hey Danny." I said, as I walked into the dressing room where he was cleaning of counters and switching out makeup brushes. "Do you think Liyah would like this dress for the AMA's."

Danny put a blush brush in one of the cups in front of the vanity walked over to me, smiling. "Lemme see it!" He said eagerly.

I handed him my notebook and began to rock on my heels as I watched him examine it. " I like it! You made it simple but sexy!" He high five me. "Wait. Are these parts cut outs?" He asked pointing to the vertical lines on the bust area.

"Yeah, but they will have a piece of fabric on it so it will be appropriate." I said as I looked at it, admiring my work. " Do you think she'll like it?"

He shrugged his shoulders and handed it to me. " I don't know, you'll have to ask her when she comes in today."

I looked down at the drawing as I thought about it. It made me nervous as I stared at it." C-can you ask her?"

His eyes peered up at me as his brown eyebrow rose at me. "Girl, I'm not the one who wants to know..."

"Yeah, but she doesn't like me, so..."

"What are you talking about?" He asked. "She likes you."

" Yeah, well she got a funny way of showing it?"

He rolled his eyes towards the ceiling. " Liyah doesn't accept a lot of people like talkin bout it."

"I know, that's what everyone says."

" Maybe she's waiting for you to make a move." He suggested

"Why should I make a move? I'm the new one here."

"Liyah is like night and day, Laney. You just gotta give her time." He sat down and began mixing what looked like hair dye.

"Why do everyone say she's like night and day or she's just not as accepting? I mean, what's the reason? "

"Nobody really knows—well, except Michael—why she acts the way she do. I mean, to be honest, honey, she has come a long away."

My eyebrows frowned with confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, when she first moved here, the girl ain't smile for nothin'. I mean, she was always frowning, she lookin mean! The girl scared me.'" he began, as he started mixing the hair dye some more. " That was until Mike got a hold of her. That's when she really started to change."

"They say love changes people." I said, mostly to myself.

He shook his head. " Yeah, but Mike ain't have it easy with her though. When they weren't kissing or gettin' it in. They were arguing. Liyah would get mad over smallest things. Michael would say it was because she didn't trust him-which she didn't-but he was so damn determined to show her some kind of love that he wouldn't leave her. He would always say, ' I don't know I love this girl so much.' It was clear that it wasn't a healthy relationship, but the fights were so rare that no one noticed. They were passionate fighters though, girl. Like for real!"

I rose my eyebrow. Michael and Liyah looked like they were too happy to be "passionate fighters". When I was around them they were usually all under each other. They would be kissing each other and whispering in each other's ear. Nothing like arguing. "How were they passionate fighters?"

Danny sighed, as he concentrated on the brown hair dye he was mixing. " When you have two people who are angry with the world. Just broken all together, they don't really know how to love each other right. Michael is too sensitive. He falls in love way too easily and trust people too easily. The boy is extremely insecure about himself-his looks. He's just always been a mess. People have used him for his fame and his money, and he ain't even in his thirties yet. He's just always been angry at the world. Always. He would tell me how he didn't see how all these people thought he was so good and so hot when he wasn't. He thought he was so ugly.