Chapter 94: Trouble's Ahead

De's POV

De's POV

"I need to talk to you." I said, as began to sat down on the couch that happened go behind me. " It's important."

He looked up at me, his eyebrow quirking a bit with suspicion. " What is it Denise." He asked, with a sigh.

"I need your help."

"With what?" He looked back down at his papers, examining them carefully. "You need more stuff?"

"No...I'm trying to stay clean." I said with an attitude. It took a lot out of me to even go there without asking him for anything. "I need your help with something else."

"What is it, Denise?"

"Are you still a representative at Epic and Atlantic records? You know," I waved my hands around searching for the right words. " The executive for national promotion? You help hire the tour promoters, right?"

"I do a lot of things at these record companies."He told me. " I don't really have a particular job."

"Well, what is your job right now?"

"I'm working with the Jackson family. Last year, I suggested they use Don King as their tour promoter."He explained. " I'm actually working on their ticket sales right now."

"You know the Jacksons?"

"I've been knowing them for years. Real close with Joe."

"Oh, that's interesting." That was all I could say. I didn't really know how to process that. The thought that they allowed someone like him to be associated with them. Joe Jackson must not have known what a back ground check was. "Well, I need you to help me start my solo career."

As soon as I said that, he looked up from his paper work, giving me a quizzical look. " A solo career?"

I nodded. "Did I stutter?"

He raised his eyebrows, and pushed his papers aside on the wooden desk that was in front of him. "A solo career, eh?" He looked at me, shaking his head. " You expect me to help you with a solo career, when you owe me..."

"Look, I have that covered. I'm going on the tour with them and I will use the money I get from it to pay my debt. I thought this through, okay?"

"You thought this through?" He asked, doubtfully. "You do know that you are on the verge of being dropped from the label, right?"

"Yes," I rolled my eyes. " I know this."

"And you do realize with you're building reputation, nobody would want to sign you to their label. Epic records is a major record company, and is an influence on others."

"So what? You act like I'm the only one who does drugs in this industry. I got high with Steve Tyler and Joe Perry once. I've gotten high with Natalie Cole, Demi Moore, and Gia Carangi. I get high with Bunny DeBarge all the time. Hell, I've even gotten high with Rick James."