Chapter 7: Innocence

"The innocence of a child is bought and sold. In the name of the damned, the range of the angels left silent and cold."

Michael's POV

"I should just got back in rip his fucking..." her mumbling words fell into her thoughts as she clenched in her jaw in an attempt to shut herself up. Her long, neatly arched eyebrows were pulled together and I could see her temples popping out of her head. Her hands were balled up into tight fists. She was so mad that I could feel the anger that was ranging inside of her in the air.

It was so intense.

I looked out unto the dark road as I began to focus on where I was going. She had started mumbling again and this time it was curse word after curse word. I didn't like the way they sounded coming from her mouth. Anyone else, I could care less. But she was different, those words were too ugly to come out of mouth that was so beautiful.

I looked over at her. Watching her face as the lights that flew by danced across her soft medium brown skin. Her eyes stared straight ahead. The reddish brown color almost looked scary because of the way they looked in the dark. Almost like the eyes of a scary character in a horror film. It made her anger seem more known. "Are you okay?" I asked slowly, and softly. I was afraid that she would flip out on me too, like she had done with Dj. After only knowing her for a few weeks I could tell that she was very irritable, and hated it when people questioned her ways.

Her head slowly turned towards me. She looked as if she was debating on yelling at me. I turned to focus on the road so I wouldn't have to see the agonizing look on her face. I heard a long frustrating sigh escape her lips. " No, I am not okay," she replied in a harsh tone of voice. " Do you know how close I was from beating the living hell out if him?! I swear, I wanted to kill him!"

I chuckled nervously, " Well, you didn't. That means you got self control." She probably would have if I hadn't pulled her off of him.

"Whatever," she said quickly as she sunk down into the seat and crossed her arms across her chest. She looked like a little five year old girl who had just been told no by her parents. She looked so cute. "take my mind off of this before I make you turn this car around."

"Uh. What do you want me to say?"

She shrugged her shoulders. " I don't know! " Her voice rose to a higher pitch as she threw an irritating look at me." Talk about something mindless to take my mind off of this. Please!" she begged.

" Uh..." I began searching for something ad I stopped at a red traffic light. I looked at her out if the corner of my eye. She was playing with the ends of her thick hair. Then I remembered something, " So, Aliyah, huh?"

She cut her eyes up at me, giving me a look that was unreadable, then she just sighed and said, "Its Ah-lee-yah, not Uh-lee-yah. "

I nodded my head slowly as I tried to make sense if the pronunciation, " Aaliyah," I said it slowly. " I like it, do you know what it is?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what is its origin, you know, where'd it originated from?"

"My grandma told me that it's Arabic."

"Did she name you that?"

"Yeah," she said softly.

" What does it mean?" I asked after a quick moment if silence.