Belong Together

song fic based off of Mark Ambor's song "Belong Together". 

in which griffin finds harper's hidden talent and writes a song dedicated to the girl....she really likes it ;). 

************

It was a sunny day at the Tremont hotel. Griffin had just had an intense game of one on one soccer with his little sister, Zoey. Let's just say....he didn't do too well because of his sister's prodigy expertise at soccer. 

As Griffin ran his hand across his sweaty forehead and sat in the grass while Zoey juggled the soccer ball not far across the yard, he heard a pretty sounding melody coming from an open window in one of the hotel's rooms. 

He listened in and smiled. He needed to find out who was playing the beautiful tune. He raced inside and jogged up the stairs wondering where the jingly sounding ukulele was coming from. He slowly walked down the hall before he came to a door he was quite familiar with. 

His girlfriend, Harper Dunn's room. He leaned against the door frame as the girl skillfully played the chords. He thought he was the musical one. Harper had never told him that she could play the ukulele so well. 

As he listened with a bright smile on his face, he found his brain subconsciously memorizing the chords. Being the musical prodigy he was, his brain was rattling with possible song lyrics. The only problem....he couldn't play what he called "the devil's guitar", AKA the ukulele. 

But...his little sister could play it quite well. He thought up an idea. He had a concert with his band at a school baseball game within the next few weeks. He wanted to surprise Harper. He'd write her a song...with her chords. 

Griffin pulled out his phone and recorded the girl concentrate as she strummed the tiny musical instrument. Once she finished, Griffin smiled and retreated before she could spot him. He went to his room and began writing the lyrics. 

**********

Song writing came easy to Griffin. Once he set his heart to it, the lyrics just flowed out of him. Writing this specific song was certainly easy considering he didn't need to write (or even play the song) and it only took him about an hour and a half. 

He texted his sister to meet him in his room and bring her ukulele. Zoey was confused, but obliged and stood in the doorway, tilting her head. 

"What's this about, Griffin?" Zoey asked. 

"Can I ask you like, a huge favor?" Griffin pleaded. Zoey raised an eyebrow. 

"Depends. What is it?" Zoey asked. 

"I wrote a song and I envision it being played on the ukulele, but you know I can't play that thing. If I gave you chords and told you when to play them, could you come up with a little something?" Griffin asked, hoping she'd say yes. 

He figured it'd take a little convincing, but he'd try his best to get it out of her. But to his utmost surprise, she excitedly agreed right away. 

"Yes, that sounds fun!" Zoey exclaimed, pulling the uke out of the case and throwing the black case to the side. 

"Really? Even if you had to perform it with me at the baseball game in two weeks?" Griffin asked. She nodded. 

"In front of Topher?" She asked. 

"Yes, Toph's on the baseball team." Griffin winked. 

"Then yes! I got this!" Zoey exclaimed. Griffin smiled brightly. 

"Thanks, Zo. You're a good little sister. Now let's get started." He said. They sat on his bed and he taught her the chords and when he wanted her to play them.