The perfect date??? (collab with Diaazze) pt.2

hey everyone, for those of you looking for part one, it will be located on my friend @Diaazze's oneshot book! this is part 2, and to understand it, I recommend reading her chapter first! enjoy! 

*********

It had been 20 minutes since the backup had been called and they were now searching for Griffin under the thick covering of ice. 

Harper was sitting by the shore, sobbing and his parents were pacing back and forth. 

"We got something!" The officer called from the ice cold water. She pulled the boys limp figure from the surface. The team, pulled him to the shore making the group of family and friends back away from his unconscious figure. 

"CPR needed, stat." Harper heard one of them say. She cupped her hand over her mouth and choked back a sob. 

She watched as the officer hovered over Griffin, delicately parting his lips and plugging his nose. She tipped his head back and placed her lips between his, breathing air into his own as her partner performed chest compressions on the boy. He paused his compressions and the girl removed her lips from his. 

The man went for another round of compressions and Harper flinched as she heard a crack come from his rib cage. Shit. It didn't deter the man from continuing his job. 

With that, Griffin's eyes shot open and he began coughing wildly. The woman pushed his onto his side, the water from his lungs spilling onto the cold grass beside him. She then returned him to his back and a team of paramedics rushed over with a stretcher. 

They professionally slid him on and into the ambulance. 

"We'll need to take him in and monitor his breathing for a little while. We also heard a rib crack, so we're gonna wanna do some x-rays on that." The head paramedic addressed his parents. They nodded along, glad that he was living at least. "Which one of you wants to ride with him? The rest of you will have to go separately. 

"I'll go." Sarah said quickly. Ben nodded. 

"We'll meet you there." He agreed. Sarah hurried into the vehicle and they watched as the lights flashed and sirens blared as they sped away. The Dunn's loaded into Jess's van and the rest of the Campbell family climbed into Ben's beat up pickup truck, following the Dunn's and the emergency vehicle. 

************

It had been a few hours. Everyone was at the hospital. Griffin was doing better, but was in a lot of pain and only his parents were allowed in the room with him at the moment. The twins and Topher were playing a game on Toph's phone while Jess texted Sarah about the updates of Griffin's health. Harper paced back and forth, praying that she could see him soon. 

"Harp, honey, sit down. They haven't even x-ray'd his ribs yet, you're not gonna be allowed in any time soon." Jess said gently to her nervous wreck of a daughter. She was wrong. 

"Harper, you can go in, sweetie. He's getting x-rays in a few minutes though, so when the doctor goes in, you'll have to come out." Sarah said, walking out followed by Ben and the doctor. Harper smiled. 

"You were saying, mom?" Harper teased. She chuckled and shooed her daughter towards the room. She took a deep breath and walked in, sitting next to the boy who laid uncomfortably on the hospital bed, eyes closed. Harper grabbed his hand and his eyes fluttered open. 

"Harper?" He asked gently. 

"Griff, hi. How are you feeling?" Harper asked hopefully. 

"I'm fine, my lungs are just sore, and my ribs are in pain. And somehow I'm still cold. I feel like Else tried to kill me. But I'm fine." He joked lightly. She smiled.