Gone Forever?

When Sarah and Ben got into an argument in season 1, Ben left and went to his old spot. What would happen if Ben hadn't gone to that spot, and didn't come back for a while? What of Sarah packed up and dragged the kids out of their new home, away from their dad? What if Sarah tore Griffin away from yet another person he loved? How would he confess that love? Read further to find out.

All Griffin wanted to do that night was get a midnight snack. He snuck downstairs, but when he had gotten closer to the kitchen all he was met with was angry shouts and threats going between his mother and father. He had listened at the bottom of the staircase for a while until he heard angry footsteps and a door slam. With that, his dad was gone. 

It had now been a week and Ben hadn't come back yet. It was that horrid afternoon that Sarah had announced that the family was heading back to Chicago, without Ben. Griffin packed his things, silent tears streaming down his face. His phone began to ring. 

Locker Ninja <3

He loved Harper. He had since he met her, since they went through the portal together, since they had become best friends. And now, Griffin's mom was tearing him away from someone else he loved. First his dad, then Harper. He couldn't do it though. He couldn't answer the phone. He went back to packing. 

......................

Griffin hadn't been at school that day. He hadn't seemed sick. Harper was worried. She walked to the Tremont as soon as school was over that day. She decided to knock. A tired looking Sarah opened the door. 

"Hey Harper! Griffin's in his room!" Sarah exclaimed happily. Harper sensed something off about Sarah's mood. Almost as if it was, fake? 

Harper walked up the stairs to Griffin's room. She flounced into his room. 

"Why'd you skip school today? I brought you the homework! We had walking tacos today, I can't believe you missed- Griffin?" She immediately stopped her rambling when she looked over at him. 

He was a mess. He was sweaty and tired looking and there were tears streaming down his face. There was no hiding them. Then, Harper realized that Griffin had been packing. 

"Griffin, hey... Your dad will come back. It's gonna be okay." She comforted him. She knew that Griffin's dad had left and still hadn't come back yet, but he had never taken it this hard. 

"It's not my dad. I mean, it is but it's not." He breathed out, barely audible between his sniffles. 

"What is it then?" Harper asked, patting the bed next to her. He gratefully sat down and laid his head on Harper's shoulder as Harper wrapped her arm around him and rubbed his arm. 

"My mom is really mad that my dad hasn't come back yet. She doesn't think he's ever coming back. She said she never wanted to come here in the first place, that it was my dad's idea. She said that since he is no longer around, that we're moving back to Chicago. We leave in two days." Griffin choked out. 

Harper's mouth dropped open wide. 

"No! You can't leave!" Harper exclaimed. Griffin nodded. 

"Trust me, I don't wanna leave." Griffin stated, swatting at his eyes. 

Harper decided to break the boundary. She knew he would break after this, but Griffin had a tendency to lock his emotions inside of him. He needed to let things out every once in a while. He just needed that push. 

"So..... what if your dad doesn't come back in those two days. Didn't your mom block him and make you guys block him?" Harper asked. 

Griffin stopped and looked at her. He was ready to break. He seemed to be processing what Harper had just said. 

"I'm never gonna see my dad again, am I?" Griffin asked sadly. 

"I didn't say that Griff..." Harper reasoned. 

"But it's what you meant." Griffin stated, nearing the edge. 

"I don't know, possibly." Harper said sadly. 

Griffin soared over the edge, sobbing into Harper's shoulder. Harper rubbed his back gently and whispered soothing words to him. 

Griffin was crying so hard, he seemed to have trouble breathing slightly. Not in a scary way, he was just trembling. 

Then, Sarah walked into the room, holding two sandwiches. 

"Hey guys! I made an extra sandwich Harp, in case you wanted- Griff, honey?" Sarah was cut off by her sobbing son. 

Harper looked up at Sarah and smiled gratefully. 

"Thanks." She said, still rubbing Griffin's back. Griffin didn't look up. 

"Griffin honey? What's wrong baby?" Sarah asked. 

Griffin shot up and snapped. 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG?! YOU'RE TEARING ME AWAY AGAIN! JUST WHEN THINGS STARTED TO GET BETTER! AND NOW, YOU'RE FORCING ME AWAY FROM MY FATHER, AND MY BEST FRIEND, AND A HOUSE THAT I LOVE! SO DON'T ACT DUMB AND ASK WHY I'M UPSET, OKAY?!" Griffin shouted. Sarah looked slightly taken aback. She just sighed and exited the room. 

Griffin then collapsed back into Harper's arms and sobbed. 

"I love you Griffin. And things will get better." Harper reasoned. 

Griffin looked up at her suprisedly. She..... loved him?

"I love you too Harper." 

They kissed and Griffin immediately relaxed slightly. The tears were still falling down his face, but he felt a little better. He knew now, that he wasn't alone. 

Sorry, I'm literally crying as I write! I won't be updating that much this week because this week is tech week for the musical that I'm in! I will be updating every once in a while though! I will let you all know how everything goes! Stay Tuned! (Love, Kelia) !!! :D <3