The Power of Love

this is like the bedroom scene with Griffin and Harper and the basement scene from the finale. spoilers ahead, so read at your own risk! 

Harper had just got back to the Tremont. Her mom, brother, and her ran home to get things to have a sleepover at the Tremont and they just got back. Harper hauled her bag up to Griffin's room and lightly knocked on his door frame before coming in, setting her bag in the corner. 

"Today has been a long day. It'll be nice to finally get some shut eye." Harper said. When Griffin didn't answer, she looked over at him. He was sitting on his bed, staring out the window with a sad look in his eye. "Griff?" He looked up. 

"Oh, uh yeah." He muttered. 

"You okay?" Harper asked. 

"At least Topher's gonna be okay. Better me than him, right?" Griffin asked quietly. Harper sighed. 

"Griffin. I already told you, we're gonna fix this. You, and Topher, will be fine." Harper said, sitting next to him on the bed. 

"When do you think it's gonna happen?" Griffin asked sadly, his bright brown eyes watering. 

"We're gonna fix it before it does happen." Harper reassured. 

"What if we're too late? What if its set in stone already? Part of me wants to just travel to 2024 to see." Griffin said. 

"I don't! I don't wanna see any future that doesn't have you in it." Harper confessed. He looked up at her sadly. She shot him a shaky smile before pulling him into a hug. He nuzzled into her shoulder and she rubbed his back. They broke apart and began to lean in. At that moment, the twins and Topher came into the room, carrying sleeping bags and blankets of all sorts. 

"This'll work!" Wyatt exclaimed, ruining the moment. 

"What'll work? What are you doing in my room?" Griffin asked. 

"No way we're splitting up with an evil ghost on the loose." Wyatt said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Why my room then?" Griffin asked. 

"Your room's the biggest." Zoey said. Topher and Wyatt nodded as the kids dumped their things on the ground. Griffin sighed. 

"I need a minute." He said. He walked into the hallway and Harper looked at the stressed boy sadly as he walked out. Griffin leaned against the wall and tried to control the major headache he'd had since earlier that day when he found out that in the future, he died. The near future. He looked down the hall as he watched his mom and Jess walk to their rooms. 

"I'm right next door if you need me." Griffin heard Jess say to Sarah. As the women walked into their rooms, Griffin stood in Sarah's doorway. She jumped, startled. 

"Sorry mom." Griffin apologized. 

"It's okay sweetie. I'm just a little on edge I guess." Sarah replied with a shaky smile. 

"Yeah, the feeling's going around." Griffin said, looking down. Sarah looked at her son with a concerned look. 

"You okay hon?" She asked. Griffin looked up again. 

"Oh, yeah. I was just wondering, could I maybe sleep in here tonight? You know how loud Wyatt snores." Griffin lied. 

"Of course kiddo. Go grab a blanket." Sarah said with a smile. Griffin forced a smile back her way and walked back down the hall towards his room. He grabbed a warm blanket off his bed and Zoey stopped him as he tried to walk out the door.