The Traumatic Tales of Griffin Campbell

in which griffin is being physically abused by his parents, harper saves his life. 

TRIGGER WARNING: CHILD ABUSE (PLEASE DON'T READ IF THIS WILL AFFECT YOU IN A NEGATIVE WAY) If you choose to continue, enjoy the oneshot! Bad dad Ben is back in business BABY! 

***********

Harper sighed as she watched her best friend Griffin walk into homeroom that morning. He had his hood up and in front of his face, shielding his eyes which could only mean one thing. Bennett Campbell junior, his dumb dad. 

"Hey, Harp, you have your makeup on you?" Griffin asked sweetly, hiding his face from other students. 

"Come on." She grabbed her pale blue makeup bag out of her backpack and grabbed Griffin's hand, leading him down the hall, hidden behind a stack of lockers that practically no one used. 

She put concealer on her beauty blender and pulled Griffin's hood away from his face. She gasped as she took in the terrifying bruise on Griffin's temple. 

"Is it bad?" Griffin asked. Harper nodded. She didn't know how such a sweet kid could have such a terrible home life. He was so perfect and his parents were so.....well, not. 

"Its pretty bad. What was it about this time?" Harper asked, scouting the bruise, making sure she'd be able to cover every inch of it. Griffin didn't like talking about it, and when his bruises had gone uncovered, he'd found himself in the guidance counselors office one too many times, and the "I got in a fight with a door and lost" excuse was kinda getting old for the boy. 

"My grade in chemistry." Griffin sighed. 

"What is it?" Harper asked curiously. Griffin was the smartest kid in school. He always brought home As, even in chemistry. At least....he usually did. 

"I got a B." Griffin said shamefully. Harper tilted her head. 

"He yelled at you for a B?" Harper asked gently. He nodded, tears welling up in his eyes. 

"I hate him." Harper muttered. Griffin smiled lightly. 

"You don't have to just because we're best friends." Griffin said. 

"But I do anyways." Harper shrugged. "Let me know if this hurts." 

Harper began lightly patting the bruise, covering it thoroughly with concealer. He flinched away at first, finding it slightly painful and Harper quickly withdrew her hand, not wanting to cause him any more pain. 

"No, Harper, its okay. Keep going, I'm fine." Griffin lied. She sighed and finished covering it up. She showed him his reflection and it looked like nothing was there. 

"All better. No one can tell the difference, I'm just that good at makeup." She joked lightly. They chuckled and walked back into homeroom. 

************

It was only a few days later, Griffin called Harper. His camera was off and there was sniffles heard on his end every once in a while. 

"Okay, Griff, talk to me, what's going on?" Harper asked, knowing something was going on. 

"What do you mean?" He lied. 

"I can hear you crying, and your camera's off." Harper said. 

"I'm fine. Just not having a great day, that's all." Griffin sighed. 

"What happened?" Harper asked. 

"My dad happened." Griffin mumbled. 

"Please turn your camera on, Griff. Only for a couple seconds even." Harper pleaded. The camera flipped on.