Sickly

in this oneshot, Griffin and Harper are 15 years old. they both live in the Tremont and the hotel is open. but what happens when Harper goes in to his room one morning to wake up Griffin and he's not at his best? 

"Where is that boy?" Ben sighed, wondering where his oldest son was. He was currently checking guests in at the Tremont standing next to his co-owners daughter, Harper Dunn, also known as Griffin's girlfriend/best friend. 

"I don't know. Normally Griff is up at the crack of dawn. He's normally already sitting in the dining room for breakfast when I groggily walk down the stairs." Harper agreed, finding the situation weird. 

"Where's Griffin?" Sarah asked, confused, walking into the room. 

"I wish I could tell you." Ben sighed. 

"Yeah, he didn't taste test the breakfast I made this morning. It's like our little routine." Jess agreed, following Sarah into the room. 

"Well can someone go get him, I need his help checking the outlets, we had a power outage last night." Sarah asked. 

"I'll go see what's going on." Harper said. The parents nodded and Harper trotted up the stairs. Once she reached the top, she wandered down the hall to a certain door that she knew by heart. The door was a bright white, like the rest of the suite doors, but it was decorated with music stickers. She lightly knocked and when she didn't get an answer, she cracked the door lightly. 

She peeked into the room to see Griffin still snuggled underneath the covers wearing his blue flannel pajama pants, shirtless. He was sound asleep. Harper sighed and walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. It was unlike Griffin to sleep in like this. It was almost 11 in the morning! Griffin was normally up at 6! 

She smiled lightly as he breathed softly, clearly exhausted. She gently played with his sandy blonde hair. His eyes tiredly fluttered open. He groaned and shoved his face back into the pillow. 

"Griff, its almost 10 o'clock, love. Time to wake up. Your mom needs help downstairs." Harper said lightly, still entangling her fingers in his messy hair. Griffin sighed. 

"Okay." He complained. His voice was hoarse and crackly, not his usual morning voice. He sounded nasally too, like how he sounded before puberty. He sniffed loudly. 

"Griffin, are you feeling okay?" Harper asked, worried. Griffin groaned. 

"Not really." He sighed. 

"What's wrong?" Harper asked. 

"My nose is stuffy, my stomach hurts, and I'm achy." Griffin explained. 

"Hold on. Wait here." Harper instructed. He nodded and laid back down in bed. Harper hopped back down the stairs and found Sarah. 

"Is Griffin coming, kiddo?" Sarah asked. 

"About that. He's actually not feeling good. Can you check his temp while I get him the leftovers from breakfast?" Harper asked. Sarah frowned, hating it when any of her babies were sick. 

"Of course, Harp." Sarah said, heading off towards the bathroom to get the main first aid kit. 

In the kitchen, Harper grabbed the plate of leftovers out of the fridge and popped it into the microwave for two minutes. Once it was ready, she poured him a glass of orange juice, pulp free of course, and set it on a tray getting ready to take it upstairs. 

Once she arrived back in the teen boy's room, she saw Sarah sitting on the bed, taking Griff's temp. 

"Yikes." Sarah seethed. 

"What is it?" Harper asked, worried. 

"102. Griff, you're gonna take it easy for the day." Sarah instructed.