The Nights

GRIFFIN'S POV

Harper and I had been through a lot together. But this was one of the worst things I'd ever had to face. My father was gone. 

Before my dad passed time traveling had been at its peak. We were defeating ghosts left and right, figuring out things in the past and the future, and solving all sorts of mysteries. And don't forget hanging out with Savannah. 

Once upon a younger year when all our shadows disappeared, the animals inside came out to play. Went face to face with all our fears, learned our lessons through the tears, made memories we knew would never fade. 

Before he died, that day on his hospital bed, he pulled me close to him and whispered some advice in my ear. I nodded through the tears and hugged him tightly before he passed. 

He said, "One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember." My father told me when I was just a child, "These are the nights that never die." My father told me. 

When my dad passed, I was broken. I stayed locked up in my room all day and I wouldn't talk to anybody. Not my mom, not my siblings, not even Harper. I shut myself out from the world and hid away from the darkness. In reality, I was locking myself in the vast darkness. 

But one morning as Harper lightly knocked on my bedroom door, I remembered the words my father told me.

"When thunderclouds start pouring down, light a fire they can't put out. Carve your name into those shining stars." He said; "Go venture far beyond the shore, don't forsake this life of yours, I'll guide you home no matter where you are. 

So I wiped my tears, climbed out of bed and opened the door. That afternoon, Harper and I had had so much fun. We played in the springs, hung out with Savannah, rode our bikes by the swamps, and time traveled to different eras. I felt so much better and when we arrived back at the Tremont, I climbed back into bed and thought about all the great times I'd had with my father. 

One day, my father, he told me "Son, don't let it slip away.", when I was just a kid I heard him say; "When you get older, your wild heart will live for younger days, think of me if ever you're afraid." 

He said, "One day, you'll leave this world behind. So live a life you will remember. My father told me when I was just a child, "These are the nights that never die." My father told me. 

My father told me. 

***************

Sorry its so short guys, but this song is kind of shorter and I didn't have a great idea for this, but I hope you life it anyways! Love you all and stay golden! 

Love, 

Mads! <3 :)