Singing in the Shower

This is based off of the song, "Singing in the Shower" by Becky G. In which Harper is caught by her friends singing a song that she wrote and they dare her to sing it in front of the school, using it to confess to her crush, AKA her best friend, Griffin Campbell. As she performs in front of the school, everyone is shocked at her talent. But who will her mystery crush be, Griffin wonders? 

***********

Bailey, Destiny, and Kallee walked into Harper's bedroom. She was lightly singing a song. They waited until she was finished and they all applauded lightly. Harper gasped. 

"How long have you guys been standing there?" Harper asked, panicking. 

"Long enough. That was beautiful, Harps!" Destiny exclaimed. 

"What song was that?" Bailey asked. 

"I actually wrote it..." Harper muttered. 

"Really, that was amazing!" Kallee exclaimed. 

"Who was it about?" Destiny winked. 

"Doesn't matter." Harper blushed and looked away from her friends smirking faces. 

"Don't be silly, Des, it's obviously Griffeyyyyy!" Bailey teased. 

"Shut up." Harper chuckled. 

"Oh, Griffin! Griffin, Griffin, Griffin! I love you, Griffin!" Kallee mocked her jokingly. Harper smiled and looked away. 

"Wait, but on a for real note, you should totally perform that and use that as your way to confess!" Destiny exclaimed. Harper looked around at the three's excited faces. 

"YES!" The three girls yelled. Harper sighed. 

"Fine. But if he rejects me, I'm coming for you all in your sleep." Harper warned playfully. 

"He won't, so we're safe!" Kallee exclaimed. 

"You have yourself a deal, miss Dunn!" Bailey exclaimed. 

**************

That Monday, everyone was gathered in the auditorium of Sulphur Springs high school. Griffin was chattering away with his friends, Preston and Mitch. Everyone around them was whispering and looking back at the trio. 

"Dang, Mitch, you have some fans." Griffin chuckled. 

"They aren't looking at me." Mitch and Preston chuckled together. Griffin tilted his head in confusion as soft music played into the speaker. Then the beat dropped and HARPER DUNN, of all people stepped onto the stage, microphone in hand and everyone clapped along to the beat. 

Everyone knew what Harper was doing, but Griffin had just arrived at school for the day, having a dentists' appointment in the early morning. 

"I don't know, its just something about you. Got me feeling like I can't live without you. Anytime someone mention your name, I be feeling as if I'm around you. Ain't no words to describe you, baby. All I know is that you take me high. Can you tell that you drive me crazy? Cause I can't get you out my mind." Harper sang. The entire school was clapping to the beat. 

"I thought you were the musical best friend." Preston nudged Griffin. The dirty blonde boy smiled. 

"Yeah, me too. It's really good though." Griffin smiled and continued clapping along to his best friends song. 

"Think of you when I'm going to bed, when I wake up think of you again, you are my homie, brother, and friend, exactly why you light me up inside, like the fourth of July, whenever you're around, I always seem to smile. And people ask me how, well  you're the reason why I'm, dancing in the mirror, and singing in the shower." She sang confidently. Griffin wished he was that confident when up on the stage. Sure, everybody loved when he played and sang, but he never got less nervous and insecure.