Just "Friends"?

"What are you two doing here!? I mean, what are we doing here?! I mean, what the hell!?" Griffin Campbell asked. He was 17 years old and with his girlfriend Harper Dunn, and standing before them was their 13 year old selves. 

"This is very weird." Older Harper said. Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"We just came here to make sure everything was okay, and that me and Harper were still friends after everything that happened with Judge Walker." Young Griffin explained. 

"Everything's fine." Older Griffin reassured, trying to move things along. 

"So, I take it we're still friends?" Young Harper asked. Older Harper and Griffin exchanged an unreadable look. 

"Yeah, we're still friends. Look, you guys shouldn't be here. I want you guys to go home, now." Older Harper instructed. Young Griffin and Harper exchanged a glance before nodding and reluctantly trudging back towards the hatch. 

"That was a close one." Older Harper breathed a sigh of relief. 

"For sure. If we found out we were dating before we should have, what if something changed?" Older Griffin worried. 

"Luckily, crisis averted." Older Harper said, kissing his cheek. He blushed and they walked off, hand in hand towards the springs. 

*********

Meanwhile, young Griffin and Harper waited at the hatch before going back to the present, something bothering them both. Older Griffin and Harper seemed tense, like they were trying to stop the two from finding out about something. 

Young Harper and Griffin decided that it would be a good idea to spy on the older two to learn what they were trying to hide from the slightly younger teens. As they crept up through the Tremont soundlessly, they wandered the halls until they came to Griffin's room. They stopped and peeked in through the crack of the door. 

Older Griffin and Harper sat on Griffin's bed, Harper happily listening as Griff played the guitar, effortlessly, but yet perfect. After a few minutes of their spying, just as they were about to give up and just head back to the present, Griffin put his guitar away and the two laid on the bed together, Harper looking over Griffin's shoulder at something on his phone. The older pair exchanged a smile and chuckled at the image. 

Younger Griffin and Harper were appalled at the fact that they were so close on the bed, they were basically on top of each other. If they got any closer, they would be snuggling. And that's exactly what they did. Young Griffin and Harper's eyes widened as they watched Harper snuggle her head into Griffin's chest and Griffin wrap an arm around her, rubbing her back. If this wasn't bad enough, what they did next, almost sent young Griffin and Harper into a state of shock. Harper lifted her head from Griffin's chest and looked him in the eye, him looking down at her, and they locked lips. And not just for a second. They were making out for about a minute. They thought their jaws might be open so wide that it would hit the floor. This certainly wasn't first kiss material, and this certainly wasn't their first time snuggling either. 

Younger Harper and Griffin decided that they didn't need to see any more. They silently crept through the Tremont, eventually making it outside. The walk back to the hatch was silent, as they knew that the other needed to be alone with their thoughts right now. 

Once they arrived back in the bunker, in the present, Griffin and Harper sat on one of the cots next to each other. 

A few minutes of awkward tension and silence passed and Harper took a deep breath. She lifted her hand up to Griffin's face and slowly turned his chin to look at her. He blushed a deep shade of red and gulped nervously. They eventually leaned in and pushed their lips together. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but they knew this was enough, and that they would have each other to love and hold for the rest of their lives. 

Sorry I haven't been as active lately and I know this is kind of a shorter one, but I tried! I couldn't think of a great scenario for this one, so I just wrote what came to mind. For those of you who don't know, I am taking suggestions, but they might be slow updates, as I have a long line of people waiting on their oneshots! I'm going to try my hardest to get back into a regular updating schedule, but I can't make any major promises! But please enjoy and if you do have any suggestions, I will take them, but patience will be required! Thanks again and Stay Golden! Love, Mads! <3 :)