Demonic (part1)

(This is based off of the storyline of the Roblox game: It Lurks. Please enjoy!) 

Harper walked into the lobby of the Tremont. She walked behind the check in desk. 

"Enjoy your stay here at the Tremont!" Griffin said to a customer as he handed them the key. He shot them a bright smile before looking down at his list. Harper hugged him from behind. He turned around. 

"Hey babe. How's it going?" Griffin asked. 

"Good. The cafe's been packed all morning. My mom told me you might need some help here though. So here I am." Harper smiled. 

"Sure!" Griffin said. He turned around and greeted the next customer. 

Later that evening, Griffin, Harper, Wyatt, Zoey, and Topher were gathered in the parlor with a few straggling guests attending to their own business. 

"You kids have all been a great help since the hotel has opened. This weekend, Jess has generously offered to take care of the hotel while we stay at a cabin for the weekend." Ben explained. There were excited bits of chatter between the twins and Topher. Harper and Griffin looked at each other. 

"That'll be fun." Harper said. Griffin nodded. 

Ben continued to explain that Griffin, Zoey, and Wyatt's grandparents were going to be helping out while they were gone. He told them that they should pack because they leave in the morning. 

A few hours later Griffin played the guitar while Harper listened from his bed. 

"Ready for bed? We have to leave early tomorrow." Griffin suggested. Harper nodded. She said goodnight and headed to her own room. 

.........

The next afternoon they finally arrived at the cabin after a long drive. 

They unpacked their rooms and next thing they knew, it was almost time for bed. Griffin and Harper played a board game of the floor of the room that Harper and Zoey would be sharing. 

They finished their game and walked into the room next door. Topher and Zoey were watching a movie on the twins' computer while Wyatt laid on the bed. 

"You alright W?" Griffin asked. 

"I don't feel good." Wyatt answered. 

"Feel better." Harper said sincerely. 

"Thanks." Wyatt replied. 

"Kids, come down here!" Ben called from downstairs.

"We'll go down Wyatt. You stay." Topher offered. Wyatt nodded. 

Zoey and Topher followed the teenage couple down the stairs. They found Ben waiting at the front door. 

"Yeah daddy?" Zoey asked. 

"Your mother and I are going for a ride on one of the 4 wheelers. We will be back later. We're gonna ride into town, maybe get a bite to eat, we might be gone for a while. Just make sure you get to bed by 10. Long day full of activities tomorrow. Where's Wyatt?" Ben asked. 

"He doesn't feel good. We'll tell him. Have fun dad." Griffin said. Ben nodded. 

Sarah walked into the room. 

"Good night kids. Get to bed by 10, have fun." Sarah said hugging them all. "Give Wyatt a hug for me too. Bye kiddos." 

The kids watched a movie and looked at the clock afterwards. 

9:39

They decided to raid the snack cabinet and ate some gummy worms and chex mix. When they were done, they all went upstairs. They got into their pjs and got ready for bed. 

Wyatt was already asleep on the bed so Griffin and Topher got airmattresses. Harper slept on the bed closer to the window while Zoey took the bed by the wall. 

...........

Zoey and Harper were soon awakened by a bell like sound. 

"Do you hear that?" Zoey asked. 

"Yeah, but what is it?" Harper asked. 

Zoey shrugged. 

"Let's find out." She responded. 

They walked out of the room to find Griffin and Topher looking out their bedroom door with confused looks on their faces. 

A squeaky door closed from downstairs. 

"What's that noise?" Zoey asked the boys. 

Topher and Griffin shrugged. 

"Come on. Let's go check it out." Harper said. 

"Wait! Where's Wyatt?" Zoey asked. 

"We don't know, we woke up and he wasn't in his bed." Topher answered. 

"Never mind that. Let's go find out what that sound is." Griffin suggested. 

The four kids walked downstairs. The bell sound was significantly louder. They walked to Ben and Sarah's room. 

Empty. 

Harper, Zoey, and Topher turned to leave the room. 

"Wait! Look." Griffin pointed under the bed. Zoey walked in the room and grabbed a yellow key. 

"Basement key." She read. Griffin and Harper exchanged a glance. Why is it always the basement? 

They took it to the basement door. They weren't supposed to go in the basement. 

She unlocked the door. The bell noise abruptly stopped. 

Topher reached out and opened the door. They slowly walked down the stairs. 

Topher and Zoey walked over to a big machine. They exchanged a glance. 

Griffin walked over to a mannequin sitting in the basement. 

"A mannequin? Yeah, this is weird." He stated. "Harper?" He asked, turning to Harper who was examining something on the wall. 

"There looks like there's something here." She stated. Griffin and the kids walked over to where she was standing. 

"Whatever this is, it doesn't belong." Griffin stated. The kids nodded. Harper pressed it. A stone wall moved. They all looked at each other. 

"Wow." Topher said. They began walking down the long hallway. Eventually they made it to an open door. When they were within five feet of the door, it slammed in their faces. They jumped. Zoey turned around. 

"Guys?" Zoey said, panic in her voice. They looked at her. She pointed, a scared stare on her face. 

They turned around. That's when they all saw it. 

A big, black humanoid figure running straight towards them. 

They screamed. Griffin gripped Harper's hand tightly. 

(This is going to have multiple parts.)