Griffin Thought Sarah Should Know

in this oneshot, Griffin is 48 years old and living in Sulphur Springs, Louisiana. his parent moved back to Chicago, Illinois a few years back. Griffin has been making country music since his parents left and he's pretty well known by now. 

"Hey guys, it's Griffin." He waved to the camera. "I recently wrote a new song for you guys, and today I'm going to be singing it to the woman its dedicated too, so I'm gonna call my mom and sing her the song." He announced, picking up his guitar and strumming it a few times, making sure it was in tune. 

He then clicked on Sarah's contact and waited till she picked up. 

"Griff!" Sarah exclaimed after picking up on the second ring. 

"Hey, mom, its been a while." Griffin chuckled. 

"It sure has, honey! How have you been?" Sarah asked. 

"Well, about that. I actually have a song for you." Griffin smiled. Sarah raised her eyebrows.

"For me?" Sarah asked, astonished. He nodded and set the phone down, getting his guitar in position. 

He started playing and Sarah smiled brightly. 

"What's going on mama? Something just dawned on me. I ain't been home in some months. Been chasing songs and working, making some bad decisions, God knows I'm drinking too much. Yeah, I know you been worrying about me, you've been losing sleep since 2053. I thought you should know that all those prayers you thought you wasted on me, must've finally made their way on through. I thought you should I'm still with my girl here in Sulphur Springs yeah, she still lets me fish whenever I want to. I'm still proud of where I came from, I may not be your only son, but can you believe I'm on the radio? Just thought you should know, thought you should know, thought you... should know." Griffin sang. Sarah was now crying tears of joy. 

He strummed some more before going on to verse two. 

"Oh by the way, mama, didn't mean to ramble on you. How's everything back at home? How are the twins doing? Is dad still doing dumb shit? And how'd he keep you this long? Yeah, I'm sorry that I called you so late. I just miss you, but anyways. Thought you should know that all those prayers you thought you wasted on me, must've finally made their way on through. I thought you should know I'm still with my girl here in Sulphur Springs yeah, she still lets me fish whenever I want to. I'm still proud of where I came from, I may not be your only son, but can you believe I'm on the radio? Just thought you should know, thought you should know, thought you, should know" Griffin sang. "Yeah, I know you been worrying about me. You've been losing sleep since 2053. I thought you should know that all those prayers you thought you wasted on me, must've finally made their way on through. I thought you should know I still really like Miss Dunn here in Sulphur Springs, yeah, she's still a lot like you. Yeah, I'm still proud of where I came from, I know I'm not your only son, but the bus is leaving so I gotta roll. Just thought you should know, thought you should know, thought you should know. Thought you should know. Thought you should know, thought you should know." 

He finished singing and strummed a few more times before ending the song. 

"I love you Griff." His mom said with teary eyes. 

"Love you too, mama." Griffin said, smiling. 

based off of the amazing Morgan Wallen's song, "Thought you should Know"! <3