Loving you is a Losing Game (collab with AJSwagmire) pt.1

what happens to griffin and harper after griffin "pushes" topher over the balcony at the tremont. 2024 bad future AU. 

grab your tissues and settle in! its a long and very angsty one!

************

"I love you so much, Harper." Griffin happily sighed. His girlfriend snuggled closer to him. 

"I love you so much more." Harper smiled. Her face was nuzzled into the nape of his neck and she planted a delicate kiss there. 

They were snuggled up on Griffin's bed and it was about 10 AM. They had woken up in each other's arms but Griffin's alarm had just gone off and they were quite reluctant to get out of bed. They soon drifted back off to sleep. 

But all good things must come to an end. (Tehe!) 

Sarah burst into the room, confused. 

"Kids, come on, its party day and there's a lot to be done and Jess is frantically cooking in the kitchen! Chop chop, lets go!" She exclaimed. Griffin and Harper sighed, kissing passionately before dragging themselves out of bed. 

******8 HOURS LATER******

It was a great party. The Tremont had been thriving for the last 4 years. Griffin stood with a group of friends who had decided to come to the hotel's exciting party. They laughed about something that happened at basketball practice the previous day as Harper Dunn slid up beside him, laying a hand on his shoulder. 

He looked down at her and smiled. 

"Hey, Harp. How's everything going? Jess still stressed?" Griffin asked nicely. His friends all smiled at the cute couple. 

"Yeah, she's pretty stressed, but she's doing a lot better now that she knows everyone likes the food. Now her stress is being caused, wondering if we'll have enough food!" Harper exclaimed. Everybody chuckled. 

"I loved the beignets!" Griffin's friend Preston exclaimed. The group all nodded. 

"Not a big fan. I love everything your mom makes, except those." Griffin shrugged. 

"I wonder why that is?" Harper asked. Griffin shrugged. 

After the group talked a little longer, Griffin was starting to feel a little lightheaded. He winced as a sharp pain went through his head. 

"You okay, love?" Harper asked gently, rubbing his back. He winced. 

She looked at him, concerned look in her eyes. Griffin had been having a lot of headaches recently, each one getting worse and worse. It had been like this for days now. 

"Yeah, I'm good. Just another headache. I've been running around all day getting things around for the party and I haven't really had a break all day." Griffin explained honestly. 

"Why don't you go sit up there away from all the people? Get a little bit of a break?" Harper offered, pointing up the stairs to the balcony that overlooked the party. "Besides, my brother's up there anyways, just because he didn't want to be social. He'll talk to you though." 

Everyone laughed. 

"Alright, I think I will. Enjoy the party, everyone, I'll be back soon." Griffin smiled through the light pain and kissed Harper on the forehead before making his way towards the stairs. 

He ascended them swiftly and when he reached the top he walked over to a small, cushioned bench on the wall. He sat down, leaning his head and back against the wall and closed his eyes. 

"You good, man?" Topher asked from his spot, leaning over the balcony. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, Toph. Just a minor headache." Griffin assured with a smile. Topher nodded and looked back down at the party.