Bad Decisions, Good Outcomes

*DISCLAIMER: UNDERAGE DRINKING* 

hey guysss! I know I won't be updating much because of writing for my season 4 book, but this request is a long time coming by an anonymous friend of mine who doesn't actually have Wattpad, but she wanted me to send it to her lol! 

this is kind of unlikely, but we're gonna go for it anyways. griffin goes out with his friends at 17 years old and gets....well.....wasted. he shows up at harper's house, late at night, completely drunk and ends up confessing to her. she takes care of the delusional, drunk boy. 

enjoy!!!

*************

17 year old Harper Dunn was sitting on the couch snuggled under a fluffy yellow blanket watching "The Black Phone" late at night. She'd been enjoying her horror movie marathon all evening with her mom and little brother out of the house at the cafe hosting an all nighter.

Harper, who wanted some time in the house to herself, decided to sit this one out. She'd originally invited her best friend, Griffin Campbell over to join her in her movie marathon, but he was going to a party at a friend's house. Harper of course teased him because she thought it was because he hated horror movies, but he claimed that was not true. 

But now, here she was, gaze intently set on the TV screen as Finny Blake looked around the room. She screamed as the camera set on a kid hanging in the air. She'd seen this movie about a hundred times and it didn't scare her anymore. So why did she scream? 

There was a knock at her door, that's why. Who would be here this late at night? 

She slowly got up and grabbed one of Topher's baseball bats from his baseball bag near the door. She carefully opened the door to see Griffin with a wide smile standing in the rain and darkness. She threw the bat on the ground. 

"Yes?" She asked, wondering what he was doing out so late. She figured he'd have been back home hours ago. 

"Great, your home. I was worried you'd be with your mom at the diner thingy." He rambled. Where was all this energy coming from? 

"Yeah....what are you doing here?" She asked, confused. 

"Did you not expect me to show up at your place at 2 in the morning?" Griffin asked giddily. 

"Not specifically, no." Harper stated. She looked at him. He was still in the clothes he had worn to the party. His ripped jeans, black hoodie under a white tee shirt and his Air Forces. His sandy blonde hair was soaking wet. "Griff, you're soaked, get in here." 

She grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him into the house. He smirked at her as she closed the door, warmth enveloping the two. 

"Hey." Griffin licked his lips, looking at Harper in a way he never had before. Was he....checking her out?! 

"What is wrong with you?" Harper asked, totally flabbergasted by this new Griffin demeanor. 

"What's wrong with me? Nothing's wrong with me." Griffin defended, looking hurt that she would ever accuse him of such a thing. 

"Are you sure?" Harper asked. 

"I'm fine. I'm actually so much more than fine. I am amazing, I am great. I am magnifico! I am...maybe a little drunk." Griffin rambled as he thought about it. He laughed and stumbled slightly. Harper setting her hands on his shoulders, steadying the teen boy. 

"Griffin James Campbell! You're 17 years old, what do you mean you're drunk!?" Harper exclaimed. 

"I maybe had a little bit to drink at Luke's party. Or a lot to drink. But it was all in good fun." Griffin defended, definitely a little loopy. Or maybe a lot loopy.