Some Secrets are Meant to be Shared

Griffin and Harper looked over at their siblings table. A pretty girl around the twins and Tophers' age sat there. She had been sitting at their lunch table for a little over a week, but was never seen anywhere else. Except Griffin had once claimed that she was lurking around the Tremont property. She was....odd, to say the least. Like she had a secret. 

Whenever Griffin and Harper would bring this up to their siblings, they'd always get the same response. 

"It just feels like she's keeping things. She's a girl with secrets." They'd explain. 

"Takes one to know one." Would always be the reply, most likely from Zoey who was quickly becoming besties with the girl. Back to reality. 

Griffin and Harper chatted about classes and Griffin's music stuff, and Harper's art stuff. They talked about their plans for the upcoming weekend, and they giggled about what Harper's classmate said during math. 

Griffin glanced over at his siblings' lunch table as he felt someone staring at him. She quickly looked away and went back to her conversation with Topher. 

"Looks like the new girl's into older boys." Harper joked. Griffin nudged her and laughed. 

"That's the weird thing though. Have you ever seen her anywhere but here in the lunch room?" Griffin asked, returning to reality. Harper thought for a moment. 

"No, actually." Harper realized. 

"Exactly. Something's off about that girl. We need to find out what." Griffin said, holding out his hand in a fist. Harper smiled and fist bumped her best friend. 

***********

Later that day, at the end of school Harper and Griffin met their siblings at the front. The new girl stood with them. 

"Griff, Harper, this is our new friend, Emily. Griffin, she's walking home with us today." Zoey explained. The two teens nodded and said goodbye before the two sets of families headed in opposite directions, towards their homes. 

Once they arrived back at the Tremont, Griffin immediately headed up to his room to get some homework done. Once he finished, he walked downstairs to see Zoey and Emily sitting on the couch, watching YouTube. He watched as Zoey walked away to go to the bathroom and he got a snack sitting at the counter. 

As he ate his popcorn, he watched Emily sneakily look around before getting off the couch and snooping around the living room. He quickly pulled out his phone and snapped a picture. 

Locker Ninja 

G: Harper, you have to see this! *1 image attached* 

H: You were right that girl is hiding something! 

G: How soon can you get here? 

H: Omw now!

A few minutes later, Zoey still wasn't back yet and Griffin watched as the young girl bolted towards the basement door. He gasped and went to follow. At that moment, there was a knock at the door. He threw it open to reveal Harper. 

"Come on, we have to go to the basement!" Griffin exclaimed, in a hurry. 

"Why?" Harper asked worriedly. 

"Because that's where Emily just went." Griffin explained, grabbing her hand and practically dragging her along with him. 

They silently walked down the stairs and watched the girl head straight for the tunnel that led to the portal. 

"How did she know exactly where that was at?" Harper asked at a whisper. 

"I don't know. But remember when I told you that I thought she was lurking around the Tremont? Maybe this isn't the first time she's used it." Griffin offered. Harper nodded. They crept quietly down the tunnel and when they reached the door, Griffin counted to three and threw it open. Emily gasped and lifted her hands away from the radio. 

"That thing is NOT a toy!" Harper exclaimed. 

"T-trust me, I k-know." Emily stuttered. 

"What are you doing here? Who are you?" Griffin interrogated. 

"Well, um, I don't think you guys are ready for that answer." The little girl mumbled. 

"Oh trust us, we can handle it." Harper said. 

"Can I ask you a question first?" Emily asked shyly. Griffin sighed and crossed his arms. 

"Shoot." He said. 

"Are you guys, together?" Emiley asked. The two teens looked at each other wide-eyed before turning back to the little girl in front of them, quickly shaking their heads in a embarrassment. 

"Now who are you, and why are you here?" Griffin demanded. 

"I'm Emily Campbell. Daughter of Griffin and Harper Campbell. I'm ten years old and I'm here from the year of 2042. I know this is hard to comprehend, but I'm here to make sure that things stay on track, so that I exist in the future. This is gonna sound crazy but, I need you to kiss right now, or the entire future will be screwed up." Emily explained quickly. Griffin and Harper's jaws dropped farther to the ground with every sentence the young girl spoke. 

"WAIT WHAT?" Harper asked. 

"What part don't you understand? Kiss." Emily explained. Griffin gulped and was about to protest once more until he felt Harper's warm lips on his. They pulled away after a few seconds and saw the pretty little girl smiling brightly. 

"Good. Bye mom, dad. So glad things can keep moving now!" Emily exclaimed. With that, she flipped the dials on the radio and left through the hatch. 

Griffin and Harper exchanged a glance and laughed it off before kissing again.