What's your favorite scary movie?

SCREAM oneshot. Loosely based on the SCREAM movie franchise, and will contain some scenes. I do not own the characters of SCREAM or Secrets of Sulphur Springs. Slightly scary, beware. Enjoy the chapter! <3 

It was around 10 O'clock at night in the quiet neighborhood of Sulphur Springs, Louisiana. Harper Dunn put a thing of Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove when she heard the phone ring. She picked it up and answered the unknown number. 

"Hello?" She answered. 

"Why don't you wanna talk to me?" The unknown, deep, kind of scary voice asked. 

"Who is this?" Harper asked, confused. 

"You tell me your name, I'll tell you mine." The voice said. Harper chuckled. 

"I don't think so." She said. She walked over to the stove and shook her popcorn. 

"What's that noise." The voice asked. 

"Popcorn." She replied. 

"You're making popcorn?" The voice asked, sounding intrigued. 

"Yeah." Harper said, smiling. 

"I only eat popcorn at the movies." The voice stated. 

"Well, I'm getting ready to watch a video." Harper explained. 

"Really? What video?" The voice asked. 

"Oh, just some scary movie." Harper said. 

"Do you like scary movies?" The unknown voice asked. 

"Uh-huh." She replied. 

"What's your favorite scary movie?" The voice asked. 

"Uh, I don't know." Harper shrugged. 

"You have to have a favorite. What comes to mind?" The voice asked. 

"Ummm, Halloween. You know, the one with the guy in the white mask, that walks around and stalks babysitters." Harper explained. 

"Yeah." The voice responded. 

"What's yours?" Harper asked. 

"Guess." The voice said, playfully. Harper smiled and thought for a moment. 

"Nightmare on Elm Street." She guessed. 

"Is that the one with the guy who had knives for fingers?" The voice asked. 

"Yeah, Freddy Kruger!" Harper exclaimed. 

"Freddy, that's right! I like that movie, it was scary." The voice stated. 

"Well, the first one was, but the rest sucked." Harper said with an eye roll. 

"So, you got a boyfriend?" The voice asked. 

"Why? You wanna ask me out on a date?" Harper asked, flirting a little bit. 

"Maybe. Do you have a boyfriend?" The voice asked. 

"No." She said reluctantly. She thought about Griffin, her best friend and crush, but since he hadn't made a move yet, maybe this secret horror movie fanatic was the one for her. He was intriguing. 

"You never told me your name." The voice said. 

"Why do you wanna know my name?" Harper flirted. 

"Because I wanna know who I'm looking at." The voice stated simply. Harper's breath caught in her throat. She looked around nervously. 

"What did you say?" Harper asked, scaredly. 

"I wanna know who I'm talking to." The voice saved. A dog was heard barking throughout the neighborhood. 

"That's not what you said." Harper breathed heavily. 

"What do you think I said?" The voice asked. Harper turned on the patio light, looking out into the yard. There was no one there. 

"Look, I gotta go." Harper said. She quickly walked around her house, locking all the doors. 

"Wait, I thought we were gonna go out?" The voice asked, sounding disappointed. 

"I don't think so." Harper said sternly. 

"Don't hang up on me." The voice said, sounding angry. Harper began to cry, terrified. 

"Let's play a game. Here's how we play. I ask a question, if you get it right, Griffin lives." The voice said. 

"Griffin?" Harper asked. 

"Yes, Griffin Campbell, your boyfriend that you didn't tell me about." The voice said angrily. 

"He's not my boyfriend! Don't hurt him!" Harper protested. 

"Come on, it'll be fun. It's an easy category. Movie trivia." The voice said. 

"Please!" Harper pleaded, now sobbing. 

"I'll even give you a warm up question. Name the killer in Halloween." The voice said, enjoying toying with the vulnerable girl as she cried. 

"No." She cried. 

"Come on, that's your favorite scary movie, remember? White mask, he stalked babysitters." The voice reminded. 

"I don't know!" She cried. 

"Oh, come on, yes you do. What's his name." The voice asked, growing impatient. 

"Please, stop!" Harper cried. 

"Griffin's counting on you." The voice said with a lilt. 

"Micheal. Micheal Myers." Harper cried. 

"Yes! Very good. But now for the real question." The voice exclaimed. 

"No!" Harper yelled into the phone. 

"But you're doing so well. We can't stop now." The voice laughed sinisterly. 

"NO!" Harper sobbed. 

"Then answer the question. Same category. Name the killer in Friday the 13th." The voice said. 

"Jason, Jason, Jason!" She yelled, ready for this nightmare to be over. 

"I'm sorry, that's the wrong answer." The voice said happily. 

"No its not, it was Jason. Harper protested. 

"Afraid not. No way." The voice chuckled. 

"Listen, it was Jason, I know it was! I saw that movie 20 goddamn times!" Harper yelled. 

"Then you should know Jason's mother, Mrs. Voorhees was the original killer. Jason didn't show up until the sequel. I'm afraid that was a wrong answer." The voice said. 

"You tricked me!" Harper cried. 

"There's a bonus round, put poor Griffin, he's out." The voice said. 

She heard a gunshot outside her window. She ran and looked outside. There Griffin was, screaming out in pain, blood seeping from his side. A man with a ghost face mask slowly creeped away, backing into the bushes. 

"NOO!" Harper yelled, as Griffin whimpered in pain. 

here's my SCREAM oneshot! I know I'm a little late to the trend, but I hope you enjoyed it! I doubt I'll be doing more parts, but we'll see! love you guys, hope you enjoyed! <3

kind of a shorter one! 

WORD COUNT: 923