Holidays Turned Haunted

In this oneshot, the gang is preparing the Tremont for Christmas. But while the twins and Topher are cleaning out room 205 for guests, the unexpected turns to reality. 

4 words......

The. Ghost. Is. Back. 

************

It was a chilly day around the Tremont. Jess was dancing around the kitchen, baking cookies, and stirring soups, humming Christmas carols as she worked. Sarah fluttered around the hotel, checking that everything was perfect. She made sure the rooms were cleaned, the decorations were flawless, and that the Christmas tree shined bright. Ben stood at the front desk, typing guests names into the system, handing out keys, and taking phone calls with a bright smile on his face. 

Griffin and Harper worked hard, greeting guests, wrapping last minute presents, and of course sharing a couple moments under the mistletoe if you know what I mean. ;) 

And then of course there was the twins, Zoey and Wyatt, with their best friend Topher. They meandered around from room to room, making sure everything was cleaned. The beds needed made, the bathrooms needed cleaned, and the welcome baskets needed organized. 

"Finally, only one more room to go!" Zoey exclaimed, relieved. They'd been working ALL morning and they couldn't wait for the festivities to begin. 

"Room 205." Wyatt read from the list. Topher shuddered. 

"Even though everything is over, that room still gives me the creeps." He admitted. Zoey and Wyatt nodded in agreement. 

"Agreed. Although, it is a lot less intimidating in there now." Zoey shrugged. 

"True that. Let's just hurry and get this over with so we can try some of the Christmas cookies that Topher's mom is making!" Wyatt exclaimed. The kids shared a smile and grabbed their cleaning supplies before heading into room 205.

They walked in and quickly cleaned the room. They leaned back and inspected their handiwork. They shared a fist bump and gathered the cleaning supplies before heading back downstairs, ready to feast on some holiday treats. 

As they walked down the stairs, the lights in room 205 flickered, and the door slammed shut. 

"You didn't really think this was the end of the story? Did you?" A menacing voice laughed evilly. 

***********

"Alright, everything ready and good to go, mom." Griffin said with a smile. Sarah smiled back and ruffled his dirty blonde hair. 

"Thanks, kiddo. Party starts in two hours. Start getting ready soon." Sarah told her son and his girlfriend. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Campbell." Harper smiled. Sarah returned her smile. 

"Of course, Harper. Thank you both for all the help." She said. The two teens ran upstairs but Griffin stopped in his tracks as he noticed one of the door was shut. 

"Hey, who's checked into room 205?" Griffin asked Harper. 

"I don't think anyone yet. Why?" Harper asked. Griffin shrugged. 

"The door's just supposed to be open. You can head into my room, I'll get the key from my dad so its ready for guests." Griffin explained. Harper nodded and kissed him on the cheek, walking into his room. Griffin retreated to downstairs and walked behind the front desk. 

"Hey, Griff. What's up, bud?" His dad asked. 

"Is anyone checked into room 205 yet?" Griffin asked.