It All Started with a Sweatshirt

It was freezing. Like, literally, why was it sooo cold? 

That's the question Harper was asking herself while she was setting up for the Tremont's outdoor Halloween party in the late evening. She was pouring candy into Jack-O-Lantern buckets at the moment. She had been busy all day, making cider and treats, buying candy, hanging decorations, and of course getting things ready for the haunted trail that led around the springs. 

The event was to begin in a few hours and Harper was currently freezing. She didn't have the time to go inside and grab a hoodie, because 1, she knew somebody would then need her help signing guests in, or 2, she would have to meander around the hoard of guests that had already arrived. 

So when her best friend, Griffin Campbell came outside, she smiled brightly. He jogged over to her and they did their secret handshake. 

"How are things going out here, locker ninja?" Griffin asked. 

"Pretty good, guitar god. Lots of guests?" Harper asked. 

"We're packed and I'm sure we'll get a lot more people tonight for the event." Griffin assured. He looked at his pretty best friend and noticed her shivering and that there were goosebumps on her arms. "You cold?" 

Harper shrugged. 

"Maybe just a little." She admitted. Griffin chuckled and took off his purple Lakers hoodie, handing it to Harper. She bashfully took the sweatshirt. 

"Thanks, Griff." She said, pulling it over her head. She inhaled and held back her smile once she smelled Griffin's fresh scent on the hoodie. He always smelled like fresh cookies and clean laundry and she loved it. The hoodie was slightly big on her and she snuggled into it, immediately feeling warmer. 

"Better?" He asked. She nodded. On the outside, Griffin was calm, cool, and collected. But he secretly loved seeing Harper wear his clothes. She looked extra beautiful in them and he smiled as she smelled the shirt with a not very well hidden smile. 

***********

Later that night, Griffin approached Harper who was handing out candy to trick or treaters that walked past in their adorable costumes. 

"Still wearing the hoodie, I see." Griffin chuckled. She hugged her arms around herself. 

"It's cozy." Harper admitted with a slight blush on her cheeks. 

"Its fine. It looks much better on you than it does on me." Griffin admitted, getting flustered. Harper raised an eyebrow. 

"I wish." Harper joked. 

"Seriously, Harp. I mean it." Griffin said shyly. She smiled. 

"Here you go though, I'm not really that cold anymore." She said. 

"Keep it. That's what boyfriends are for, right? I mean best friends. Stupid autocorrect!" Griffin joked boldly. Harper's eyes widened. 

"Autocorrect? Griff, we're having a verbal conversation." Harper corrected. 

"Oops." Griffin said with a smirk before walking away. 

Harper smiled hard. 

i know its really short but i hope you guys enjoyed! request some! <3 

ft. a little bold griff.... how are we feeling about ittt???